Well Spalted Beech

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Has anyone got some spalted beech for sale, or have you any idea where I could get some, it has to be well figured.
Thanks in advance.

Jim Young

Oddly enough I came across a turner out on the road to Skye at Lochbroom called Mr. Mutch. He runs a studio and sells turning blanks, including spalted beech. Why not give him a ring on 01854 655334? He may be able to help you out.

Regards

Scrit

Anonymous":36b5uv0x said:
Oddly enough I came across a turner out on the road to Skye at Lochbroom called Mr. Mutch. He runs a studio and sells turning blanks, including spalted beech. Why not give him a ring on 01854 655334? He may be able to help you out.

Regards

Scrit

Many thanks Scrit, I'll give him a ring.

Hi Jim,

I am in the process of re-fitting our kitchen cabinets made from Spalted Beech and Ash.

It is extremly well figured and very reasonly priced, or it is compared to the last place i bought it in the South of England. Through and Through is about £17 cu/ft but the more you buy the better deal you get.

He does most Scottish hardwoods including some beautiful Pippy Elm and Oak.

His yard is not far from Banff in Aberdeenshire and his web site is at www.scottish-hardwoods.com.

Let us know how you get along.

Regards

Mike.C

Mike.C":1rrz2jlr said:
Hi Jim,

I am in the process of re-fitting our kitchen cabinets made from Spalted Beech and Ash.

It is extremly well figured and very reasonly priced, or it is compared to the last place i bought it in the South of England. Through and Through is about £17 cu/ft but the more you buy the better deal you get.

He does most Scottish hardwoods including some beautiful Pippy Elm and Oak.

His yard is not far from Banff in Aberdeenshire and his web site is at www.scottish-hardwoods.com.

Let us know how you get along.

Regards

Mike.C

I will add this to my favourites Mike, I have already ordered from Good Timber, thank you.

Slainte..........Jim.

Jim,

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your Spalted Beech? The place that i get it from is much cheaper then the South of England, but i am not sure how it compares to others on this side of the border.

Good luck with your projects.

Mike. C

Mike.C":24euljjk said:
Jim,

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for your Spalted Beech? The place that i get it from is much cheaper then the South of England, but i am not sure how it compares to others on this side of the border.

Good luck with your projects.

Mike. C

Mike, I think he quoted me £1.09 for a peice 1 1/2"x1/12"x12", they are very slow, no delivery yet, that's about two weeks now, there will be a postal charge as well, how does that compare? I ordered quite a few peices.

Jim.

Do you still want spalted beech?

I also have some, also spalted sycamore, I brought it over from Galway in Eire.

edited due to typing error

£21 is very reasonable, i have just bought 5 cubic feet of spalted beech for £35+vat a cube. Top quality stuff, although still needed about 80% waste.

I have my own stock of spalted maple ( i think ) in my local woods , shhhhh :lol:

I must apologize for posting the previous message.

I have been informed I should not reply to old posts By a Moderator

DK & SD, there's no hard and fast "rule" regarding answering old posts. Indeed there's little wrong with dredging up posts from the archives but a degree of judgement is required. This particular thread relates to somebody looking for stock from over two years ago and therefore hardly relevant today, especially as the original participants are no longer active on the forum.
If anybody feels that there is an old thread that they have some interest in, by all means start a new thread on the topic and therefore make it current. Otherwise just treat the archives as a reference and information resource. And Denny, no need to apologize.

Noel

Back