Well Philly started it again (even more MDF!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Pics of a job I've just finished - built in storage to look like its free standing for books, stereo and cds.

Mainly MDF but doors and face frames (arches) etc are tulipwood. Really pleased with the aluminium grilles which make the piece a little less intrusive and a little less bog standard.

What d'you think.

DSCF0006_001.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

BTW they are redecorating soon so the fireplace surround is soon to be a thing of the past -shame eh! :D

T

PS Thanks again Chris (waterhead) and houtslager for the invaluable eleventh hour advice on spraying - the smaller nozzle was the answer. Thanks also Chris for pic space again

Philly,

It finishes really well and especially when routing grooves or where there are lots of edges, MDF is just a big pain in the backside to finish. Also it holds fixings better so its much easier to attach the frames.

From a selling perspective it adds some point of difference since the expectation is that it will all be MDF or pine - which makes customers think of Changing Rooms.

Cheers

T

Thanks Gill - I'm assuming you don't mean the fireplace stencil :lol:

Chris - yes I used the Hafele full extension undermounts - not the cheapest but really good esp since the drawers are for CDs so you need to be able to get vertical clearance right at the back.

Cheers

T

Hi Tim

Units look great, how did you hold in the mesh, recess the door and a moulding.

All the Best

Neil

Keith

Yes they seem to be - nice letter and the cheque has cleared - luckily because they've gone to NZ for 6 weeks.

Neil - exactly moulding onto rebate with veneer pins - because of the way the grille is made there is some spring to it so glue would be pointless as an extra.

Cheers

Tim

Back