Well its a start!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
My first turnings for about seven months :shock:

In case you cant see them, there are two little pale blobs on the drawer fronts :?

Quite sweet little country piece of furniture in the best French tradition. The bits you see are good but the bits you don't look they are made from pallets, not even smoothed off. As most of it was eaten to almost nothing, I used roofing timber to replace the rubbish with rubbish and keep it authentic like!! Almost no finish left as it had been in a barn for twenty years!! Just some back legs to make and the top moulding and its done. Be nice to get some money in as well.

Still have quite a few furniture bits to catch up with so REAL turning is still while away but at least the lathe still goes round. The extraction is 100% better too now that the workshop is smaller with short runs to the machines.

I can't believe how fast the time has gone since I could call myself woodturning man.

Attachments

• 100_3246.jpg
    100_3246.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,058
It certainly is a start Gordon. Every journey has to start with the first step so you are not far from trotting. I won't say running. We are both too old for that!!

Looks good to me and as you say it's a nice little piece. Hope it sell well. Don't worry about the back legs, just tell 'em it's supposed to stand against the wall :roll: :roll:

AAhha , so you are back on the auld trotters again then .It will be grand ,with the good weather almost here again .
Sure you'll be running around like a two year old in no time . :lol:
Good to see you nearly back :lol:

boysie39":o4i1nbay said:
AAhha , so you are back on the auld trotters again then .It will be grand ,with the good weather almost here again .
Sure you'll be running around like a two year old in no time . :lol:
Good to see you nearly back :lol:

Thanks Eugene,

Feel quite chipper although the back still whinges away, I can at least do stuff now as the muscles all (well mostly) work pretty well.

Jonzjob":o4i1nbay said:
It certainly is a start Gordon. Every journey has to start with the first step so you are not far from trotting. I won't say running. We are both too old for that!!

Looks good to me and as you say it's a nice little piece. Hope it sell well. Don't worry about the back legs, just tell 'em it's supposed to stand against the wall :roll: :roll:

YOU might be too old :twisted: Some of us have to exercise, do weights and go for a fast bike ride every day as part of the continuing treatment. They take no account of my advanced years - just do it - or some such expression.

Fortunately, the 'antique' is a repair job with an agreed price so the dosh is guaranteed. I might be able to pay more than €1,40 a bottle for a while.

Jonzjob":c55etx0w said:
"I might be able to pay more than €1,40 a bottle for a while." !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Spend thrift! We just spend about 1,20 a litre! And that's organic stuff. Best in France 8) 8)

Hmm,

If you can do postage at €0,20c a bottle, you can send me a crate or two :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Jonzjob":1far3xz7 said:
GOOD GRIEF MAN! There's only just about enough for me, er, and the other half of course :mrgreen:

You could always call in and collect some on your way past :roll:
Or you could deliver at the same time as you collect all this yew that I will not be able to yews in this lifetime or the next.

SERIOUSLY..... someone out here in France must want some [-o< . I have an embarrassment of riches.

I'd even swap it for wine.

Its a bit more now. Not up to Richard's standards but as its the back legs, I'll let myself off.

I've made them fractionally thicker on purpose (honest) as the front ones seem a bit spindly and wobble a little. This piece needs all the strength it can get.

Whoever that was playing darts was a good shot =D>

Attachments

• 100_3257.jpg
    100_3257.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 804
Jonzjob":3ofk0ccu said:
I hate to tell you this Gordon, but the one in the middle is too short and has got a terrible finish mate? :shock:

Gordonslegs.jpg

There, does that look better? Ain't I good to you :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

Magic.

Jonzjob":3efkkfhy said:
I hate to tell you this Gordon, but the one in the middle is too short and has got a terrible finish mate? :shock:

Gordonslegs.jpg

There, does that look better? Ain't I good to you :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

ahem , would them be his candle sticks do you think. :mrgreen:

boysie39":2kksl4sq said:
Jonzjob":2kksl4sq said:
Na Eugene, if he used they fer candelz he's be legless woodenee :mrgreen:

Good ise can carry on wiv mine so . :mrgreen:

Something seems to have happened to the Queen's English since I've been in France. (hammer)

I expect its all the fault of the EU or something.

gus3049":145a2qkm said:
boysie39":145a2qkm said:
Jonzjob":145a2qkm said:
Na Eugene, if he used they fer candelz he's be legless woodenee :mrgreen:

Good ise can carry on wiv mine so . :mrgreen:

Something seems to have happened to the Queen's English since I've been in France. (hammer)

I expect its all the fault of the EU or something.
Atualy my comand of the langguge is xelent its just my spelen is carp .Appollages :oops:

Latest posts

Back