"Well, I woke up this mornin'..."

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think mortgages must be a real nightmare for the youngsters of today, property prices have got completely out of control and along with university fees can set someone up for a life of debt and little prospect of a decent retirement which is really not fair. The gap between income and property prices is what has just grown out of proportion and the days of two years gross income equaling the property value have gone and then go back to when many homes were purchased just by a single income whilst the mum looked after the kids.

Interesting stories, so I'll add my own.

After living in the property for over 20 yrs, a move was on the cards.

After sale agreed etc, etc. The solicitor asked me to call in as there was a problem.

Turns out I had lived in the house all those years and didn't own the access. my 0.4 of an acre was totally surrounded by land owned by someone else.

Luckily it was the same solicitor who had handled the purchase, so I asked why he hadn't picked up on it then.

Obviously he had no valid answer, so I told him the problem was his, not mine and let me know when he had sorted it.

And that's what he did.
That is pretty much what happened to me. An issue came up, solicitor " this should really have been noticed by the solicitor when you originally purchased the property" to which I replied, " well that was your firm, so perhaps you would like to sort it out". Never heard another thing about it.

Tuesday (9/8/22): I woke up this morning; car free! Sold mine, not wanting the 'hassle' of driving anymore. No more rip-off car tax [£340/a], & fuel prices - YIPPEE! 😃

@stuart little just think how much you can now blow in Sketchers :unsure::LOL:
Sketchers? Whassat? :dunno: Nah I'll buy another model ship kit or two or three. I want to build a small drum sander/thicknesser for scale wood strip.
Before anyone tells me i just asked google - BUT; never heard of 'em! I usually wear moccasins, NO I don't wear a head dress!!

Sketchers? Whassat? :dunno: Nah I'll buy another model ship kit or two or three. I want to build a small drum sander/thicknesser for scale wood strip.
Before anyone tells me i just asked google - BUT; never heard of 'em! I usually wear moccasins, NO I don't wear a head dress!!
I built one of those sander/thicknesser posted pics early on when i joined i was able to thickness to sub 1mm with it saved a fortune not buying strip wood

I'm sorry I can't help myself, I can't resist and I profusely and profoundly apologise. Ahem:

Woke up this morning (p'chang p'chang)
Fell out of bed (ba-da-da-dum)
Landed on my dawg
My dawg was dead (more p'chang-ing)
And it's raaaaiiiining
Rain come pouring down (yeah)
Well it's raiiiiiiiiinnnning
Rain come pouring down
(music)
Went to get my breakfast
Cupboard was bare
Looked in all the ...
usual places
Aint nothing there
And it's raaaaiiining
Rain come pouring down (more p'changi-ng)
Went to my work (ba-da-dum)
Walked in the door
The Boss was standing there
Looking kind of... sore
And he said
"I'm sorry, son, you don't work here no more"
And it's raaaaaaaiiiiining
Rain come crashing down (twiddly wheedly)
Yes it's raaaiiiining, nothing but rain in this town.
(music)
I went back home (p'chang p'chang)
To bury my poor dawg
Water's getting high!
A log went floating by!
It'll be hard to say goodbye,
when there's nowhere dry!
And it's raaaiiiiininnnggggg
Rain won't cease to pour
Walked in my front door
And he's just standing there
Standing on all four paws
And my dawg says
"Ha! Fooled ya!"
(music plays out)

I'm sorry I can't help myself, I can't resist and I profusely and profoundly apologise. Ahem:

Woke up this morning (p'chang p'chang)
Fell out of bed (ba-da-da-dum)
Landed on my dawg
My dawg was dead (more p'chang-ing)
And it's raaaaiiiining
Rain come pouring down (yeah)
Well it's raiiiiiiiiinnnning
Rain come pouring down
(music)
Went to get my breakfast
Cupboard was bare
Looked in all the ...
usual places
Aint nothing there
And it's raaaaiiining
Rain come pouring down (more p'changi-ng)
Went to my work (ba-da-dum)
Walked in the door
The Boss was standing there
Looking kind of... sore
And he said
"I'm sorry, son, you don't work here no more"
And it's raaaaaaaiiiiining
Rain come crashing down (twiddly wheedly)
Yes it's raaaiiiining, nothing but rain in this town.
(music)
I went back home (p'chang p'chang)
To bury my poor dawg
Water's getting high!
A log went floating by!
It'll be hard to say goodbye,
when there's nowhere dry!
And it's raaaiiiiininnnggggg
Rain won't cease to pour
Walked in my front door
And he's just standing there
Standing on all four paws
And my dawg says
"Ha! Fooled ya!"
(music plays out)
What tune do I sinng it to?!!!!!!!!!

My favourite blues lyrics: "The sky is crying, look at the tears roll down the street".

(Looks like everyone and his dog has covered this but I know it from Elmore James, so that's what I posted)

Anyway, back to happy debt - free musings. Going anywhere nice for your holidays?

You obviously didn't see the advert. A boy was holding up cards with the words to the song as it played. The words weren't quite right, so he needed to hear it on a Maxwell tape.
The other one I can't get out of my head is
Wake up in the morning,
Wanting some breakfast
What am I gonna put on my toast?
Ohhhhh
Ohhhh
VItalite!

Much abused song, that.

Anyway, going back to the original purpose of this thread - I too am in the mortgage free club! Tinged with sadness though.

Back