well here it is almost finished.......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,
as you may remember i showed you all a drawing of a TV corner unit...
well here it is, nearly finished just needs sanding and waxing- not forgetting that bit of edging that i seem to have missed!! i know it isnt up to your standards as yet but i am still young-ish :p

thomaskennedy-cornerunit1.JPG

thomaskennedy-cornerunit2.JPG

Tom

S'good, Tom 8) Blooming quick too; you'll make everyone else look bad (oh all right then - me look bad :oops: ).

Cheers, Alf

Alf":38s2jujx said:
S'good, Tom 8) Blooming quick too; you'll make everyone else look bad (oh all right then - me look bad :oops: ).

Cheers, Alf

yeah i managed to drag myself out of bed at 8:30 on Sat, Sun, mon! and i was finishing at around 6 :( long days! :p but it is worth it :p

Tom

I like it Tom. Nice one. Good to see shawn there too :D

What wood is it made from? difficult to tell from picture, Cedar? Ash?

Cheers

Tony

Looks handy.
Gotta get me one of them compound mitre saw thingies first though. Still using the old hand mitre saw or me thumbs and a tenon saw ATM. I'm in the middle of making an octagonal birdhouse. It's a bit of a pig by hand...
01.jpg

Far left on top of junk! :oops:

Gary

Hi Tom

Well done. Your unit looks really good. Is it something you have in mind to sell in the future?

Do you always manage to buy a new tool for each project? :wink:

All the best
Neil

Newbie_Neil":2dw0jbnw said:
Hi Tom

Well done. Your unit looks really good. Is it something you have in mind to sell in the future?

Do you always manage to buy a new tool for each project? :wink:

All the best
Neil

i will probably try to sell it, i will put it on my website in a bit when i price it all up!

oh and no, usually i buy a tool each month if i can save enough dinner and pocket money :wink: :oops: !!

gary- yeah i can see that it would be very hard to do all those angles by hand :p lucky me eh? :p

tony- its made from a mixture of solid beech and veneered chipboard :oops: ! and of course shawn always manages to get in there somehow! oh ya and that doll thing on the right is called "Jamie"- he hides the plugs :p

Hope this is everything!!

Tom

Tom
Nice one, looks nice and strong, needs to be with a large TV on it.
Good to see you making things instead of just trying to buy more tools :wink:

Tony":1momli2x said:
Good to see shawn there too :D

Well as Tom didn't add the punch line here goes.......... YEW :oops:

Gary,

Nice bird house :)

Mind if I show the LOML your workshop? Just to prove mine is not the most cluttered :wink:

DaveL":3s52vc5e said:
Tony":3s52vc5e said:
Well as Tom didn't add the punch line here goes.......... YEW :oops:
Grone, grone, grone! :lol:

Can I just bore you all to tears for a moment and mention the wonders of a shooting board for making accurate mitres, bevels etc. There's a couple here too. Okay, that's it, I'm done. :D

Cheers, Alf

Back