Welfare reform bill.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lons":3c69s2yd said:
I've already posted in a previous thread about the mothers / daughters I've encountered who had kids to get a local authority house. Really P****s me off!

Bob
:lol: :lol: So they are still with us! :lol:
I was beginning to worry about them. They used to be top of the pops in the "Hate thy Neighbour" charts.
What's at number one now? Is it just large families on benefits or do they have to be foreign as well?

Its unfair, I'm a pensioner and I cannot get on that gravy train. :) :wink:

If I change my faith to Islam, get three more wives,get a family, (that would be nice) set them up in different houses, perhaps I could get 3 x £25k that way.

Those benefit claimants will find away around the £25K cap whatever they do at Westminster.

Perhaps I ought to start advertising on those 'get a partner page in the local press'.

Jacob":2iv1d3kl said:
Lons":2iv1d3kl said:
I've already posted in a previous thread about the mothers / daughters I've encountered who had kids to get a local authority house. Really P****s me off!

Bob
I was beginning to worry about them. They used to be top of the pops in the "Hate thy Neighbour" charts.
What's at number one now? Is it just large families on benefits or do they have to be foreign as well?

Yes sadly they are still around only more of them....... and apparently so are those misguided do gooders who have provided them with the platform to sponge off the taxpayer and caused this class of people who will never work and see benefits as a "salary" for which they just need to turn up for 10 minutes once a fortnight whilst out shopping and sign a form. Some even don't need do that but just post a pre paid envelope :roll:
Many of them aren't really to blame, they've been brought up to know nothing else. See children as cast iron way of obtaining more money and the all important local authority house. I'ts the system that has allowed it that's at fault and that's what the government are trying to address by putting a cap on it.

And one other thing Jacob - I understand large families as I'm one of 9 and though my parents found it very difficult and we lived in a 3 bed council house for many years (guess that made us "homeless" as bedrooms had to be shared :roll: ), my father never claimed benefits, it was their choice to have a lot of kids and his duty to support us to which end he had full time shift work as a miner plus 2 part time jobs. He got a lot of respect for that and most importantly was the role model for us.

I guess we are all guilty of making sweeping statements and there are guenuine people and exceptions amongst all groups but where it's patently obvious it isn't working, it has to be changed.

Bob

devonwoody":2ifjl3ci said:
Its unfair, I'm a pensioner and I cannot get on that gravy train. :) :wink: Perhaps I ought to start advertising on those 'get a partner page in the local press'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why don't you put a wanted on UKW :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lons":2tn6uhfd said:
Jacob":2tn6uhfd said:
Lons":2tn6uhfd said:

Bob

Yes sadly they are still around only more of them....... ......

Bob
Oh good. I thought perhaps they had been rounded up in the old fashioned way and sent off; Guantanamo Bay or somewhere - like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9XO7GukQk

Still dodging questions then Jacob, nothing new there then, just the same old drivel.

Roy.

Lons":fe2oonok said:
devonwoody":fe2oonok said:
Its unfair, I'm a pensioner and I cannot get on that gravy train. :) :wink: Perhaps I ought to start advertising on those 'get a partner page in the local press'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why don't you put a wanted on UKW :lol: :lol: :lol:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I dont think thats the best place :roll:

You lot dont seem sympathetic enough. :wink:

Lons":2cfkb487 said:
...Whilst all deserving disabled people should be fully supported, it is far too easy to dupe the system and I know 4 personally who do exactly that.
One a 43 year old who has worked no more than a few months in his whole life - has 3 kids by 2 partners but manages to dig and plant a large allotment with a "serious back injury".
Another who gets both government and police benefits after "falling over a binbag" many years ago whilst in the force and is allegedly crippled. I've seen him break concrete with a hammer I would struggle to lift :roll:
I assume you have done your civic duty and reported all of them to the authorities?

I don't think the suggested cap amount is right.

It should not be greater than you last pay position for starters. (if you earned £15k per annum that should be the cap)

If you genuinely earned £45k the cap should perhaps be higher for sickness and involuntary unemployment.

But MPs would find that too difficult to understand and cop out.

cambournepete":24tk0ilr said:
I assume you have done your civic duty and reported all of them to the authorities?

Not personally Pete but it has been done.
You wouldn't believe how much resource has to be put into operation to nail these people and unfortunately the punishment doesn't often fit.

Lons":lq5szyqi said:
You wouldn't believe how much resource has to be put into operation to nail these people ..
I can believe it. Mainly because a lot of malicious gossip turns out to be completely without foundation.

You wouldn't believe how much resource has to be put into operation to nail these people

In my case I received a letter informing me that a DSS rep wished to discuss my benefits with me, that was all, no suggestion of anything improper having taken place, and the idea never ocurred me, till the lady informed me that I had been reported as working.
I burst out laughing, I explained that I had worked pretty well non-stop for X number of years and working for a living again was about the last thing on my mind.
I showed her my bank statement and she left after about half an hour and that was the end of that!

Roy.

Jacob":y5bmnwya said:
Lons":y5bmnwya said:
You wouldn't believe how much resource has to be put into operation to nail these people ..
I can believe it. Mainly because a lot of malicious gossip turns out to be completely without foundation.

I'd agree with you and all reports must be thoroughly investigated for the protection of the innocent but that definately is not the only reason as many of the fraudsters know how to escape punishment and the case has to be cast iron or some smart lawyer (paid by the taxpayer) will get them off on a technicality.

Especially for Jacob :wink:

Now look what you made me do: I don't agree with all that's said but there is some irony in there :)

This dropped into my in box today and I would normally delete is as whilst I care not one jot if it is "PC", I do consider it to be innacurate. However purely for the sake of Jacobs "entertainment"...............

The new breadwinner in the family...

A doctor told me that a woman in her late 20's came to the hospital today with her 8th pregnancy.
She told the first doctor she saw: "My mum told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."
He asked her to explain.
She said that she can make babies and babies get money from the State for the family.

It goes like this:
The Grandma calls the Department for work and pensions, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids.
DWP agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.
The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a cheque for £700 per child each month.
Total yearly income:
£58,800 soon to become £67,200 when the 8th one is born, tax-free and nobody has to go to work ! In fact, they get more if there is no husband/father/man in the home! The brother does not count.
Not to mention free dental treatment, free housing, free council tax free school dinners, free tuition fees at college or University, free eye care and glasses, free prescriptions and various other benefits...
Total value of all benefits combined probably approaching £100,000 per annum which would require an income of around £148,000 to create.
About my salary as a senior consultant with years of experience and surgical skills in a central London teaching hospital.

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.
This is how the politicians spend our taxes. When this generous programme was invented in the the Great Society architects forgot to craft an end date... and now we are hopelessly overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole.....
No wonder our country is broke !

Don't forget to pay your taxes !! There are a lot of 'breadwinners' depending on you !

Lons":agoga58x said:
Especially for Jacob :wink:

Now look what you made me do: I don't agree with all that's said but there is some irony in there :)

This dropped into my in box today and I would normally delete is as whilst I care not one jot if it is "PC", I do consider it to be innacurate. However purely for the sake of Jacobs "entertainment"...............

The new breadwinner in the family...

A doctor told me that a woman in her late 20's came to the hospital today with her 8th pregnancy.
She told the first doctor she saw: "My mum told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."
He asked her to explain.
She said that she can make babies and babies get money from the State for the family.

It goes like this:
The Grandma calls the Department for work and pensions, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids.
DWP agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.
The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a cheque for £700 per child each month.
Total yearly income:
£58,800 soon to become £67,200 when the 8th one is born, tax-free and nobody has to go to work ! In fact, they get more if there is no husband/father/man in the home! The brother does not count.
Not to mention free dental treatment, free housing, free council tax free school dinners, free tuition fees at college or University, free eye care and glasses, free prescriptions and various other benefits...
Total value of all benefits combined probably approaching £100,000 per annum which would require an income of around £148,000 to create.
About my salary as a senior consultant with years of experience and surgical skills in a central London teaching hospital.

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.
This is how the politicians spend our taxes. When this generous programme was invented in the the Great Society architects forgot to craft an end date... and now we are hopelessly overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole.....
No wonder our country is broke !

Don't forget to pay your taxes !! There are a lot of 'breadwinners' depending on you !
But we all know that this is total pineapples. Why are you bothering to post such nonsense? Do you get some sort of kick out of it? A bit weird IMHO. :shock:
Is it something to do with young women having babies which gets you going?

Jacob":244gvp7k said:
But we all know that this is total pineapples. Why are you bothering to post such nonsense? Do you get some sort of kick out of it? A bit weird IMHO. :shock: Is it something to do with young women having babies which gets you going?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oo..er ........ Can't take what you dish out then :lol: :lol: :lol: indicitive of those who like to stir the pot but don't like it back :wink: (hammer) (hammer)

Clearly no sense of humor then :roll:

Well at least he's answering your question Lons, he makes a point of dodging my awkward ones. I'm still waiting for him defend his 'moron' statement from months ago.

Roy.

Back to the original post, whilst i indeed agree to the idea of a cap on benefits, that surely, in all fairness can only apply "from now". If you are going to move the goalposts, i.e refuse to pay benefits sufficient to pay the rent for the overly large house in Richmond, then for those who are ALREADY there, you must either provide suitable sized accomodation in a cheaper area or continue to fund , since babies cannot be unmade..It is ok to say to a family ok ...you have two kids now and remember the cap...if you produce more , YOU will have to fund them, but for those already in the situation of having a large family...what would you suggest...put them on the street?...take their kids off them and into care (and how much will that cost???) No those already in the "system will, for the foreseeable future have to be treated as a "legacy cost", Unless you want to see the slow creep of a very inhumane system of devil take the hindmost.

Latest posts

Back