Welding

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it always helps to have someone knowledgeable to show you how to do things. I might look at some kind of evening class when we get back to normal. Talking about cars. I had a Triumph Herald and the chassis was rotten, when I accelerated, the front of the car went to the right and the back went to the left.!!

To reminisce
Many years ago after I had completed my professional qualification courses/exams I did a weekly through the winter evening course at Redhill Tech on gas welding. Really good, all sorts of students ranging from a farmer wanting to be able to fix things to an-other wanting to repair his car and myself just wanting have an idea of how gas welding works and could I do it.
The tutor was about 150 years old truly loved his welding vocation (he used to weld aluminium on WW2 aircraft) and always asked us to bring in odd things for us/him to repair. So one evening a 1920's Wolseley (?) car water pump arrived in parts with a broken casting. Absolute magic watching him repair, most people would have ended up with and aluminium puddle.

Latest posts

Back