Welcome to The Slippery Slope

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Charley moved like lightening and caught me on the hop, but hopefully it's not to late to say Welcome. As you may have guessed, all things hand tool are fair game here. Choosing, using, buying, selling and gloating! All from a UK perspective of course. If you were born with a Record #4 in your hand or just took back that Argos plane set because they made more divots in the wood than a bad golfer in a bunker, you're encouraged to dive right in. No such thing as a "stupid" question; and often no such thing as a single right answer either!

Let the slide begin :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf did not think you would have the time for this , thought you would be working hard expanding your L&N collection or polishing n honing them to perfection :D . Hope all goes well

Alf":12nrwiyt said:
No such thing as a "stupid" question

Are Dried Frog Pills legitimate hand tools :twisted: ?

A hand tool section is just what this forum needs :) . Great idea :) :) :) !

Yours

Gill

Okay, so I was wrong. There is such a thing as a stupid question... :p Hopefully this will be a DFP-free zone (well we can hope) :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

Fair enough :). No doubt minor gloats are okay, such as the Flexcut carving knife and a slip strop I got for my birthday this morning :D . I've never tried hand carving before but it looks like fun. Incidentally, the knife sits beautifully in the hand - despite my being left handed. Now, just keep me away from that horrible kitchen table :) .

Yours

Gill

Ooooo, happy birthday, Gill! 21 again I assume? :D

Now I'm sure I read somewhere that Flexcut give sticking plasters away with their tools 'cos they're so darn sharp... Better count you digits periodically as you go along :wink: Nice gloat.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Gill

Happy birthday.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Alf

This posting proves that I do "lurk" in the hand tools section. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

PS I must go now and get my power tool fix.

Alf,

I presume that having pushed so many of us down The Slippery Slope, you felt obliged to create a self-help group for us all too eh?

Gill - the Flexcut carving knives are incredibly sharp. And plasters would be barely scratching the surface, if you'll excuse the pun, as you'll need some kind of cotton wadding to soak up the blood too, if you're anything like me with those darned things! Be careful if you try to cut oak with it though - I knocked a lump out of the edge of mine when doing a stop-cut. You might be interested to see this site Ron Correia's site- gives full instructions on carving a little santa - may be ready just in time for next Christmas if you start soon too :wink:

Cheers!

AG

Back