Wedge making jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems tdyi g to make a jig to cut repetitive wedges. I have a good saw bench and brilliant bandsaw and our of the two it's the bandsaw I'd prefer to cut them on as there's lots less wastage.

Im trying to cut wedges measuring 150mmx 13mmx 3mm out of 9mm fascia board which is a lovely and easy material to cut.

Any advice please?

I made up a little jig for my saw bench which I use for cutting wedges for door and sash window m&t joints.

1634149170597.png

Personally I make a very simple and crude jug that works very well by taking a ripping of ply or mdf and drawing the wedge shape that I need on one edge then cutting it to give a positional place for the wedge. Push the timber through then flip it to give next wedge then flip again and continue.
20211014_123913.jpg

Personally I make a very simple and crude jug that works very well by taking a ripping of ply or mdf and drawing the wedge shape that I need on one edge then cutting it to give a positional place for the wedge. Push the timber through then flip it to give next wedge then flip again and continue.View attachment 119648
That jig is all you need for wedges and can be made in a few seconds. Bandsaw is safer for this. Especially smaller wedges.
The taper jig is more for long thin tapers on the tablesaw.
Regards
John

Hah, I needed some wedges the other day, and came across the same video.
So simple, and worked for me

Back