Website revamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone has time to kill and fancies looking for broken links and other joys, feel free to point your browser at Cornish Workshop and do your worst. Also if there are any browser issues and so forth, do tell. I'm all clicked out checking it. :roll: :D Ta muchly.

Cheers, Alf

Snazzy!

Bertie & PJ aren't trying to push those latches down to escape, are they? :shock: :lol:

Neil

Eeee.... that's a proper job and no mistake 8) :). My Firefox browser coped quite happily with the site, too. Well done.

Gill

I only had time for a quick look, Alice, but it seemed fine to me. Do you think maybe some more pics on the front page? Looked a bit texty. Very good though, all the same
John

no problems with netscape or mozilla, as far as i could tell

Didn't mooch around too much, so no comments on content

Alf,

It is looking good in Firefox. It is becoming a nice, easily navigated site, well done.

Please, please, don't forget to back it up to your hard drive and and a CD - you WILL need it one day, DAMHIKT

There are many online tools that will tell you what's not perfect eg :wink:

Analyzer Results:

Analyzing URL: http://www.cornishworkshop.co.uk/

Note! This site does NOT provide the robots.txt file or the robots.txt file is not constructed properly. It is recommended all sites provide this file. For more information on how to properly construct and use the robots.txt file consider becoming a member.

NEW! - Have you seen our new Keyword Density Analyzer? The keyword density of a Web page is now considerd the most important part of search engine optimization.

Below are the results fetched from the Web page listed above. From here you can instantly submit this page to several search engines for free, but before you submit you should make sure this page is truly "search engine friendly". The BIGGEST mistake submitter's make is submitting a Web page that is not search engine friendly.

Tip - If you're serious about promoting your Web site you should become a member. All members receive unlimited access to our Web Page Analyzer and they can submit to many more TOP search engines for free using Easy Submit than non members can.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TITLE Tag Analysis

Current Page Title:

<TITLE>Cornish Workshop</TITLE>

This Tag is 16 characters in length including tabs, spaces and carriage returns
Status: This Tag is considered acceptable and search engine friendly. However this Tag may or may not be properly optimized or descriptive enough to put your Web page on the top of the search engines. This Tag should contain keywords and keyword phrases that is important to your site. Our recommended maximum number of characters for this tag is 60.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

META Description Tag Analysis

Current Meta Description Tag:

WARNING! This Tag is NOT being used or used incorrectly. See source below
This Tag is 0 characters in length including tabs, spaces and carriage returns
Status: This Tag is considered acceptable and search engine friendly. However this Tag may or may not be properly optimized or descriptive enough to put your Web page on the top of the search engines. This Tag should contain keywords and keyword phrases that is important to your site. Our recommended maximum number of characters for this tag is 150.

META Keywords Tag Analysis

Current Meta Keywords Tag:

WARNING! This Tag is NOT being used or used incorrectly. See source below

If you want to know the best keywords for your meta tags click here.

This Tag is 0 characters in length including tabs, spaces and carriage returns
No words were repeated more than 3 times

Status: This Tag is considered acceptable and search engine friendly. However this Tag may or may not be properly optimized or descriptive enough to put your Web page on the top of the search engines. This Tag should contain keywords and keyword phrases that is important to your site. Our recommended maximum number of characters for this tag is 874 although we would not recommend you use this entire allowance or you may then suffer from keyword saturation.

IMG Tag Analysis

Sorry this information is for our members only...

Keyword Density Analysis

Sorry the Keyword Density Report and Keyword Manipulizer is for our members only...

The keyword density of a Web page is now considered the most important part of search engine optimization. With membership we will show you how to get the right mix to rank high in search engines.

Basic Example of a Robot Listing

The example listing below is what this Web page will look like in search results presented by the major search engines. If you like what you see and you believe this page is truly "search engine friendly" then click on the [ Submit This With Easy Submit ] button below. If you would like to optimize this Web page before submitting, click here.

Cornish Workshop
Home - Workshop Tour - Galootish Gleanings - UK Tool Dealers - Boat Anchors Ahoy - The Newlyn Tool Chest - Making a Spokeshave kit - The Music Stand...
http://www.cornishworkshop.co.uk/

<<- Why not it's free!

Note: If you click on the [Submit This With Easy Submit] button above you'll have the opportunity to select which search engines you wish to submit the above URL to. It's easy, it's fast and best of all, it's free!

HTML We Found Between Your
<HEAD> and </HEAD> Tags

<HEAD>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Cornish Workshop</title>
<!-- Stylesheet Tag Removed For Processing -->
</HEAD>

Note: The above is where your TITLE and META Tags should be located. Because something is missing as reported above you might wish to use our free META Tag Builder to help you correct the problem.

That's cool Alf. Very, very good.

Noel, looking even more forward to his summer visit to Cornwall, honest.

Thanks folks, puts my mind at rest a bit. Should be okay in Firefox; 'tis what I use!

Chris, you're blinding me with science. :shock: The gist I'm getting is I should have put a description and so forth. I'm in two minds. I was reading somewhere that sites with a long list of keywords get knobbled by Google. Oh who am I kidding? I just don't want to do it... :oops: Tomorrow maybe. :wink: Thanks.

Cheers, Alf

Chuckling that everyone seems to have hared over to the "About me" bit. That's got to be a first... :lol:

Alf,

In all honesty , I shouldn't worry overmuch about tags. I'm no longer clear what Google does with them. Except - it is useful to have a decent description because that is what gets summarised as the few lines that Goofgle displays in its findings.

These days, with the competition between search engines and their efforts to be the most up to date, it is not long before half your bandwidth is gobbled up by the darn things spidering your site. My genealogy pages get totally hammered every day.

Smashing, Alf. Simple, clear and effective. I've been doing mine for the last two months as well, gone hairless over it. I knew what I wanted, just didn't know how to achieve it ("I've been in IT for 20 years, can't be that difficult" sort of attitude). It's taken forever, I'm certain there must be an easier way and now I discover that it doesn't work in anything other than MSIE.

Bummer.

KISS
Steve

looks very good Alf, couldn't find anything that didn't work. Just to be sure I'll give up an hour or 2 today at work to double check :D

cd
Who can build websites at work but can't get his own to work :oops:

That is so much better than the old one. Lovely job Alf or AL :wink:

Works OK in IE 6.0.26 - but I guess you already knew that :lol:

Sawdust Producer":1mq5t0h4 said:
Link for the Stanley 45 manual to John Walter’s site not working and
whats that Blog thing about? :?
Ooo, neither is it. Hmm, it's not working from the old page either; must be a problem at his end. Better keep an eye on that, thanks, SDP. The Blog is sort of an online diary kinda thing. Just thought it might be a handy way to record bits and pieces that don't justify whole new web pages, and what I actually do with my workshop time. Of course when I'm busy making stuff I don't have time to update the Blog... :roll: :lol:

Chris, yep, I should have done a description. :oops: I'll sort that out some time today - probably.

In case it's helpful for anyone, I used a piece of free web creation software called Namu6. Very easy to use, but it does have a few irritating limitations (like no page descriptions...). However, to get a basic framework it was pretty good, and if you're able to do some basic HTML editing you can tweak things a bit to how you like them. FWIW.

Thanks folks, glad it's an improvement - be a bit of a downer if you'd preferred the old one... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Really nice website, Alf. It works well on Safari, Explorer and Firefox on my Mac.

I found your description of making the music stand inspirational and full of so many clever ways of doing things. This reader would have spent ages trying to cut out the square channel down the middle AFTER he'd made the column. :oops:

Roger

Very nice site Alf

You may just have shamed me into doing something about mine - I bought the URL when I was getting my business one, but it continues to play second fiddle to "real" work!

Nice job Alf :D

Just one thing, If you click on a link it turns to the default purple colour. I personally think it would look better if you changed the 'visited' link colour to #1A66C5 or even a darker blue.

That’s just my personal preference. The website still looks great.

edit: I've just spotted a broken link.. You've missed the .co.uk out of your email link at the bottom of the Introduction.
PS: Thanks for the mention :D

Back