Website (does it load right?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blurk99

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all!

I've finally got round to making myself a website but a friend says he can't load it, but it's super quick from where i am on a works machine... (NHS) - could you see if it works please?

Also if anyone is interested in webspace for their own site (5-10MB each) there's more than enough room for a few others (no cost - i'm getting this as a favour from a friend in the hosting business)

cheeers

jim

ps - let me know what you think of design etc.. does it load in other browsers etc..

blurk99":32zn40td said:
Morning all!

I've finally got round to making myself a website but a friend says he can't load it, but it's super quick from where i am on a works machine... (NHS) - could you see if it works please?

Also if anyone is interested in webspace for their own site (5-10MB each) there's more than enough room for a few others (no cost - i'm getting this as a favour from a friend in the hosting business)

cheeers

jim

ps - let me know what you think of design etc.. does it load in other browsers etc..

Hmm how about an address? 8)

Jim,

Works for me. WW link changed to "Back to front" for some reason and didn't load but it's early days. Loads very quickly with Dial-up. Only comment on appearance is that's it's a bit grey and lacks presence. Just my HO.

Rgds

Noel, armchair critic, but I guess you don't have to work for Boeing to diagnose a flat tyre on a 747...

Jim,

Works for me as well although some of your links are broken.
One thing I don't really like though is when my browser window gets resized by the website.
Can be quite embarrasing for browsers who may be doing a bit of surfing on the quiet in work from a smaller, less obvious window. :shock:

hmmm, that resizing thingy...

do you get a sort of 'flicker' effect when clicking links? like the whole browser window shrinks and then expands? don't know what's causing that when i'm looking through it...

jim

Mudman - i see what you mean about making itself a full size screen - i'll have a look at the HTML - i put in some sutff about getting the resolution and using the maximum available

EDIT - none of the folder icons work - the link was for 'index.htm' which has now changed to 'index.html'... dammit....

Looks good to me. Much nicer than my (on the cheap) effort.

That windows resizing is a bit of a pain - I'm one of those browsing quietly at work)

AndyP

Very nice site Jim. Looking forward to seeeing it develop over the coming weeks/months as you add piccies etc.

Jim,

Having read your comment about the alpha transparancies I went back and had another look. And they work. My earlier impression about the grey tone was because I didn't even notice them in the context of an index. A nice touch.

Rgds

Noel, who is off for a lie down.

Hi Noel,
I think you could be onto something with those y'know, they do look a bit dull - i'll probably have their start transparency a little lower so the are clearly clickable, but currently they do just look like an odd decoration

cheers

jim

i had a quick look, seems ok. very draughtsmanesque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
very fussy and peculiar people, muso's!

Latest posts

Back