Weather

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got bright blue sky today? Okay its a bit parky and I'm 'westish' but even so.

Has anyone got the siberian thing?

Cheers

Tim

Just arrived on site in an area of ireland known as the "Sunny south east" I kid you not, that's what it says on the sign, and it is snowing!

In East Berkshire here. About an hour ago we had "snow", as in tiny little flakes about a yard apart.

Relatively warm currently - I've just been working out in my garage, only came in because I discovered a dent in the edge of a worktop B&Q delivered last week. Grr.....

Fortunately that dent won't in itself be a problem because I can use the worktop on another shorter section I'm doing, but I wish I had spotted it earlier.

Andrew

Ahh, down on the south coast that'll be the third time this winter I've had anything resembling ice on the car.

Adam

Left beautiful blue skies with the sun shining in Wales this morning. Lovely drive across country through Stow -on-the-Wold and Chipping Norton to Aylesbury in Bucks. Only a bit of light fluffy stuff about ten miles west of Bicester. Aylesbury clear although the sky now seems to be a bit more threatening.

Don't get you sledges out, it'll all be gone by the weekend. :(

Lovely afternoon here in North Herefordshire - broken cloud with plenty of sunshine all day so far, but a bit parky outside so, under protests from me that I have pressing work to do in my study, I have let LOML walk the dog. I can see her (and LOML) in the distance as I look out over the cider apple orchards to the rolling fields and wooded hillsides beyond. Bit hazy long distance today, so I can only just make out the Black Mountains in the distance.

Cheers,

Trev.

Black mountains?? Do you mean these little hills?

05230001_G.jpg

Chris,

You can taunt when you can post a pic of the Bromley Range or the Croydon Massif. :D :D :lol:

I can also promise you that if you asked any of the squaddies running up and down Pen Y Fan in full kit whether it was hilly enough, they would be able to provide you with a succinct answer. :lol: :lol:

T

Ah, the Croydon Massif. Herds of wild Ikea customers roaming across the plains below... :D

A light, very light, dusting of snow overnight here I believe; it was gone by the time I got up. I'd describe the conditions as "crisp", and the birds have reduced the fat balls considerably during the course of the day. The parrots didn't require the heater while out for their constitutional in the conservatory, so I'd say it wasn't too bad.

Cheers, Alf

Using rather esoteric weather indicators...

les did you stop and look at the sign, on the back they have put the dates when it was sunny . i love ireland the road signs tell you ,that you should have turned at the cross roads you have just passed :wink: :wink:

Had to deal with a moderately iced up Landrover this morning; we'd had maybe 2" of snow overnight. Some of the country roads were bad for a while with snow laying over black ice.. here in Aberdeen... not a prob... most of the white stuff was gone by lunch time...

This they call winter...????? :shock: :roll:

We have had the horrible white stuff on and off all day. Even as I type this in there is a fall of stuff like large softish hailstones. The damn stuff is holding me up I've managed to get the floor down for my workshop and its just to dangerous to work on the walls in this.
Anyone want about five or six inches of snow going free to a good home. :lol:

Drew

Back