Weather concern

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a question, I heard a news bulletin today & it sounds very grim with the hurricane in america. All I want to know is, are our american friends on this site all o.k? Please let us know as I'm sure fellow members will be equally worried.

I second that.

My mum has been through Andrew, Ivan and Charlie (which flattened every house around but left hers untouched :shock: ) and I remember how awful it was not knowing if she was safe.

Hope everyone, your families and loved ones are all safe.

Best wishes

Tim

One county in Mississippi had about 80 people killed.
I live way North of where Katrina hit and right now we are just getting the rain from it. We have had rain just about all day, I sure wouldn't want to be living down there, very sad, many have lost everything they own.

Bob

Well I got two acres of leaves, branches and water. There were some places around that got power knocked out. There was some flooding east of me. An heard of a tornado south of me. I'm about 400-600 miles north of were it hit. Lousiana and Mississiippi Coast are wiped out. Dikes busted in New Orleans and last I heard water was still comin up. It'll be days before they know whats going on. Weeks before they even think about power and years to rebuild.

Dave

I'm with everyone else, hope your all safe. [-o<

It's easy to forget where people are in the world when I'm sitting in my chair in front of the PC.

All the best,
Gary.

Had an update at work from our Houston office about the New Orleans depot - currently under 12 to 14 feet of water,and still rising.. :shock:

Difficult to imagine that much water - it's like putting a whole river ontop of the existing one :!:

Katrina has been an absolute catastrophe for so many people. My thoughts are with them.

Gill

I agree with all thats be said. I have some friends out here that have had their houses wrecked, I can't imagine what their going through.

Bob and Dave,
At least we know that you two are reasonably o.k.
Thank you both for letting us all know. Please keep us informed as to events as they unfold won't you?

Cheers, Sliver.
p.s. My thanks to the rest of the posters for your thoughts on this terrifying situation.

Our families are located far to the north of the affected areas.

It just came over the news that medical units from Iowa are being sent to help out. The mayor of New Orleans said there may be thousands dead in New Orleans.

Thank you for expressing your concern.

Gasoline is now 3-5.00 a gallon. up from 2.21 US. And we don't have near the taxes ya'all got on yours. 120.00 US to fill up my truck. It nuts LOL

Latest posts

Back