Wealden's guide bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry Devonwoody I forgot someone mentioned lead on pins earlier in the thread, but I started it to see if anyone else has had problems with Wealdens' bearings and apparently noone has. I've updated it because I'm dissappointed with Wealdens customer service or lack of it - in that they haven't repled to my email.

Can I ask what material have were you machining at the time, was it something with a high resin content and any glue lines?
Also what diameter bearings?

For one job we do we use lots of bearing guided cutters all small diameter, and almost consider the bearings consumables as they can soon overheat and seize up. But have never had a router bearing break up or collapses.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Two of the bearings were small diameter on a rebate cutter. Off hand I can't remember the sizes. The other two were 19mm diameter for a straight cutter. When using the rebate cutter I was definately cutting red wood pine, but I can't remember what I was cutting when using the straight cutter - it would probably be oak or red wood.

Just to update everyone - a very nice lady called Monica got in touch with me and apologised for missing my email. There tech guy, Alan, as investigated the problem but it is very difficult to identify a problem without the damaged bearings. If it happens again I'll send them to him. But I've had no problem since that run of bad luck and Wealdens are kindly sending me replacement bearings.
They have such a good reputation and I have had no other problems with them in the past (infact quite the contrary) so one little hiccup wouldn't have put me off using them anyway.

Back