Wealden

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading the thread re another supplier I thought I would compliment Wealden (router bits, blades, etc.)
I have recently purchased items and had some very satisfying service from these people and next day deliveries cost included in product.

Yes I would agree, excellent service! I now use them for all my router bits. I'm just hoping that they develop their range into other own brand accessories, as I find Trend's pricing too high.

Funnily enough I only came across this company for the first time yesterday in the router magazine which I don't normally buy (seems quite a good magazine actually). Apart from the delivery being good what are the quality of their router bits like? Are they their own brand?

Used them for the last 2 years for both bits, toggle clamps and sawblades. Again, next day delivery every time, also good for advice if you have questions about bits. The bits themselves are very high quality - the best I've used in fact. The sawblades less so - Trend still beats them here.

I understand the bits are sourced from a variety of locations, but to Wealden's tooling specifications; AFAIK Wealden don't manufacture any of the bits themselves (Titman do though - anyone tried them?)

Cheers

RP

Yes they are good and efficient suppliers but I suppose the mail strike will upset things for a while. Usually next day delivery in the past.

I suppose the mail strike will upset things for a while. Usually next day delivery in the past.
Wealden say this on the postal subject
SPECIAL OFFER OWING TO POSTAL DISPUTE
The continued dispute in some areas of the UK is causing delays in postal deliveries. Therefore, until the end of the year, we are offering you an upgrade to FREE next day courier delivery to the UK mainland (excluding the Scottish Highlands) for orders over £50 (inc VAT) in value. We are currently subsidising UK mainland courier deliveries for smaller orders up to £50 (inc. VAT) and charging our customers only £2.50 per order.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer this for online orders, so simply call our Freephone number 0800 328 4183 and quote discount code FCD1009 to claim your FREE courier delivery.
Notes regarding courier delivery: Orders received by 1.30pm will be sent the same day and orders received after this time will be despatched the following weekday. Friday orders are delivered the following Monday.

I think it's shocking that smaller companies like Wealden are having to make a loss by subsidising delivery charges because of the mail strike - really irritates me.
Cheers
Gidon

Another vote for Wealden here. I have used them for 20 years, and had nothing but the very highest service standards and top quality cutters from them. I wouldn't use anyone else.

Mike

Back