Wealden

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As well as the service, the cutters themselves are excellent.

Ten or 15 years ago I received a flute cutter from them. First time I used it I caught it in some end grain and bent the shaft, so I ordered another one. They rang me up and said ".......but you've just had one of these cutters. Is this a mistake?" I said no, explained that I'd bent it the first time I used it.....and they sent me the replacement gratis. FOC. They even paid the postage. At that point they acquired a customer for life.

Trevanion":35d5jbbm said:
Far and above Trend's rubbish that they make these days.
The professional range?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":fxb8oo72 said:
The professional range?

Leagues better. I've had three of their professional range two-flute straight cutters shed carbide in the first five minutes of very light cutting in softwood. I've only ever worn out Wealden cutters, never shattered or shed carbide.

I wouldn't touch Trend's stuff with a bargepole anymore, to be honest.

That's surprising. Their dovetail cutters are my 'go to' for stairs and I've used plenty on oak without problems-besides one which shattered and they replaced straight away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Trevanion":3c0dw5dv said:
ColeyS1":3c0dw5dv said:
The professional range?

I wouldn't touch Trend's stuff with a bargepole anymore, to be honest.

I'm another that's not a trend fan.....over in Spain I generally use CMT.....when we get busy again I must give wealden a try, I've heard nothing but praise for them....

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

I use Wealden out of preference every time, fantastic tools and service every time and great advice when needed

My post was more about the service,the quality is in my opinion second to none,I have always bought from them and never been disappointed but delivery of less than 24 hours in these troubled times is excellent.I too am not a fan of trend,why discriminate between amateur and professional,why not just make quality cutters for all at a reasonable price as Wealden do and with a very comprehensive range?

I ordered from them before lunch - their site says they might be slow. I've just received this -
You have a shipment being sent from WEALDEN TOOL CO LTD that is due to be despatched on 02/04/2020 using our Express 24 service.

=D> =D> =D> :D

Compared to the majority of posters on this thread, my "experience" of routers and cutters is VERY limited, BUT +1 for Wealden from me, both quality/longevity and service (not tried Trend).

Phil Pascoe":1lpsk8nt said:
I ordered from them before lunch - their site says they might be slow. I've just received this -
You have a shipment being sent from WEALDEN TOOL CO LTD that is due to be despatched on 02/04/2020 using our Express 24 service.

=D> =D> =D> :D

And it arrived yesterday lunchtime. Well done Wealden and R.M.
If anyone's short of storage for 1/4"Bits these are £12 atm -
DSCF0228.JPG

DSCF0229.JPG

empty, obviously. :D

Attachments

• DSCF0228.JPG
    DSCF0228.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0229.JPG
    DSCF0229.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 67
Back