We need more people like this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theartfulbodger":ovvlgamq said:

"Workaid is a registered charity set up in 1986 to help tackle poverty in developing countries in a practical way."

Not the same concept in that it supports overseas development which of course is still superb but does not aid the UK economy which is fast becoming a desert too!

Jim

Workaid tackles poverty by supplying disadvantaged people with the tools they need to acquire practical skills and become self supporting.
Tools and equipment are collected from all over the UK, refurbished and sent to vocational training projects and self-help groups, mostly in East Africa and in the UK.

:ho2

<edit to add>
But, you're right, Jim. It'd be great to have someone on this country like the chap in the video! (within cheap traveling distance of where I live but that's probably too greedy)

Did he remind anyone else of Father Christmas? Maybe it was the beard.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - teach a man to fish and you feed him for life

If you see what I mean :)

A delight! Great idea but things like this always need someone who is extremely committed to the cause, a labour of love I suspect. The volume of fine hand tools in the States is shocking... but the shipping costs get in the way.

I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm busy packing...
off to the Airport, plane to Maine.... One way...

actually, this is one of those film's dream scene's.. Where do old toolhounds go....

Back