We bought a house to fill with hand made furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall a discussion on here recently about YouTube and how much financial investment a small channel like Peter Millard's needs to succeed.
Whatever designs he comes up with, I think this level of funding puts Paul Sellers into a class of his own, in the UK at least. Perhaps it's to position himself as a hand tool counterpart to Norm and the New Yankee Workshop?

I'll be watching with interest.

AndyT":6si40bk1 said:
I recall a discussion on here recently about YouTube and how much financial investment a small channel like Peter Millard's needs to succeed.
Whatever designs he comes up with, I think this level of funding puts Paul Sellers into a class of his own, in the UK at least. Perhaps it's to position himself as a hand tool counterpart to Norm and the New Yankee Workshop?

I'll be watching with interest.

I would really consider it the same. While it may seem like a huge investment to buy a house for the purposes of making videos, it's really not that bad. The house will only gain in value from the exposure and work they will be doing, indeed the first video will already have increased the perceived value of the property.
Anything he builds that isn't fitted (I suspect everything) could be sold on at a good profit.
Overall I think he stands to make a tidy bit of money and at the very least he won't lose anything on his initial investment.

I admit, when I first saw the videos and blog posts, it does sound like he has SOOOOOO many subscribers and paying WWMC customers that he can now afford to buy workshops and custom-built studios and houses to furnish...

But watching his latest Vlog, where he buys a mower from a car boot sale and mows the lawn himself, gives a tour of the house and starts talking about where he's putting his veg patch, etc, it's sounding more like this is where he's actually moving to live.

Tasky":hbsuj3z8 said:
I admit, when I first saw the videos and blog posts, it does sound like he has SOOOOOO many subscribers and paying WWMC customers that he can now afford to buy workshops and custom-built studios and houses to furnish...

But watching his latest Vlog, where he buys a mower from a car boot sale and mows the lawn himself, gives a tour of the house and starts talking about where he's putting his veg patch, etc, it's sounding more like this is where he's actually moving to live.

I'm still going with some kind of second house. Else where would all his existing furniture go? ... I'd assume he has a lot!

transatlantic":2yfy1zqm said:
I'm still going with some kind of second house. Else where would all his existing furniture go? ... I'd assume he has a lot!
I assume he'll furnish and video the second house before he moves in, sell the old stuff, or just store it in the commercial property he uses for filming?

Back