'Wave' cutting Forstner Drill Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first 'wave' decent Forstner drill bits. Apparently the best are made by Fisch. As I do not drill often I cannot justify buying Fisch. There are other makes of Forstner drill bits on the market--which make have you tried and recommend? The best type of tip coating to look for?

Many thanks.

they are fantastic, the 5 size set from Amazon at c. £70 is good value, the bigger ones are not cheap though…

I am looking to buy my first 'wave' decent Forstner drill bits. Apparently the best are made by Fisch. As I do not drill often I cannot justify buying Fisch. There are other makes of Forstner drill bits on the market--which make have you tried and recommend? The best type of tip coating to look for?

Many thanks.
How did you get on?

I've been looking at the Fisch bits, but I would have to swallow hard before shelling out £200 + tax & shipping for a set of 16.

I currently have a set of bits I bought from Axminster some years ago and they don't seem to sharpen well, hence my interest in replacing them.

Back