Waterproofing Plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrittStick

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

What's the consensus on the cheapest way to waterproof plywood? I have 5ft x 5ft sheet of 4mm 3-ply plywood for my campervan floor. I will glue vinyl to the top layer so the appearance of the finish doesn't matter. It can be any colour.

Thanks!

Before they changed the formula i used Thompson's Water Seal for quick and fairly effective sealing.since it changed I wouldn't be so sure about whether it worked.

PrittStick":2e0smg6z said:
Hi chaps,

What's the consensus on the cheapest way to waterproof plywood? I have 5ft x 5ft sheet of 4mm 3-ply plywood for my campervan floor. I will glue vinyl to the top layer so the appearance of the finish doesn't matter. It can be any colour.

Thanks!
Will the underside be exposed to road dirt?

Bod

Noo it’s just an interior floor. It goes on top of a van floor to make it flat instead of the ridges. None of the wood should really be exposed to dirt or water but I’m concerned about the condensation and moisture with it being outdoors.

If the vinyl is stuck to it and its sealed at the edges, it cant get condensed :roll: =D>

Back