Watering hole disaster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
One of our local pubs has changed hands in the last couple of weeks. :cry:

Used to be brilliant with great food. Just took my father and stepmum out to supper there (technically correct although they paid!!) and it was such a disappointment.

Food is still pretty good, although quite why we need to have Aberdeen angus beef where we live is beyond me. But the main prob is that the new staff are miserable and it makes such a difference. I don't want to be fawned over (far from it) but I don't want my food late and slammed onto the table.

Hoping it'll get better.

:roll:

BTW for any cider drinkers out there, try to get hold of Weston's oak conditioned cider (blue label) - it really is the best I have ever had and they still stock that :)

Cheers

Tim

AT least you've got a pub.

Ours has been promised to be coming soon since I moved in 5 years ago but they haven't started the foundations yet. At least the contract has been signed (with Wolverhamton and Dudley).

Pete :eek:ccasion5:

Woodythepecker":o7rcrl85 said:
And what is wrong with Aberdeen Angus? :wink: A very nice piece of beef

Quite true but I'm not sure that beef has to travel 500 miles when Hereford beef can fall through the window onto the plate. The old chef use to get the beef from the farm across the road!

T

My wife told me about a Radio 4 program that she listened to all about the distances food travel.

One farmer tagged (somehow) his potatoes and tracked them for 2000 miles before they arrived at the market IIRC. Some fruit from the UK gets shipped to the Netherlands, I believe, before it gets shipped back to us.

The reason why salad goes off the moment you open the bag is that the producers/supermarkets fill the bags with some sort of gas that kills the produce. It preserves it while still in the bag but expose it to normal air for a short while and bingo..slimy salad.

While on holiday in S France I nearly wept over the sheer quality and freshness of the fruit, veg and fish in their open air markets.

Hope your pub settles down, Tim.

Roger Sinden":2p5obe87 said:
While on holiday in S France I nearly wept over the sheer quality and freshness of the fruit, veg and fish in their open air markets., Tim.

here here ! Get that man a Pint!

Latest posts

Back