Water softener playing up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning guys...

We have a BWT compact water softener under the sink. Had it for a few years without any problems.

Took it out at the start of the year whilst we had some work done in the kitchen. Reinstalled it and it worked fine.... for a few weeks. It then decided it would regenerate every night.!!

Unplug the electric timer thingy and leave it for a few days (so it 'forgets' any programming etc), plug it back in, works fine for a few weeks and then goes back into regen every night mode.

Have just rung BWT 'technical' dept.... worse than useless. Conversation basically went "ummm yeah, i dunno whats causing that. I'll book you in for an engineer to visit..."

pfffff.... :cautious: before i do anything like that i'll contact the wealth of knowledge on the trusty ukworkshop forum :)(y)

So guys.... any ideas as to why its decided to start playing up and is there an easy fix.?

Nick

Many "mains powered" programmers also have a back up battery. unplug it and have a snoop around for an escape hatch

Latest posts

Back