Water pistol recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay ordered "LARGE Water Gun Pump Action Pistol Outdoor Shoot Blaster Squirt Soaker Kids Toy" unsuitable below 3 yr old.
Had considered dressing up like a sparrow hawk and getting a flame thrower but was talked out of it.

In a similar vein, any suggestions, acceptable to a squeamish wife, for getting rid of rabbits? Most of the time, our neighbourhood foxes and possibly badgers keep them under control, but one has currently avoided my allies.
Any recommendations in the catapult area? Recapture my long lost youth?
Going through the rigmarole of renewing my firearms licence is probably too much hassle.

You could try sprinkling chilli powder on the doorstep. It works for squirrels and putting off dogs crapping outside our front gate. Not tried it on pigeons but might be a low cost alternative worth a try....unless your bloodlust is dominant? As a bird watcher, I nevertheless share your views on pigeons.

In a similar vein, any suggestions, acceptable to a squeamish wife, for getting rid of rabbits? Most of the time, our neighbourhood foxes and possibly badgers keep them under control, but one has currently avoided my allies.
Going through the rigmarole of renewing my firearms licence is probably too much hassle.

Probably the easiest and cheapest method would be cage trapping. You can own a sub 12ftlbs airgun without the need for a firearms licence but unless you are interested in shooting etc. It's a lot of faff.

We wont mention bicarb of soda laced bread then 🤣 from memory it makes them swell up and explode? I think someone did it in brighton train station when i was a lot younger

I made a water powered rocket using a coke bottle and my 6ltr air compressor. It went up a long way, not amazing for aiming though....

Pressure Washer!!

Edit; that was for pigeons, not rabbits

These guitars look like a good idea and the drumming would unsettle them.

There is a thread on here for a crossbow, and a link to a homemade (easy) semi automatic one which looked awesome!

Breadcrumbs , a box, a stick and some string. Grandpa solutions for Grandpa problems.
If you have grandkids get them round to introduce them to the food chain as you experttly fold dove under your elbow then twist its neck.
If no grandkids, just eat them anyway. But with more redcurrant sauce.

I use one of these “Water Blaster XLR”. Trouble with the pump up water pistols is that by the time you’ve pumped them up the offender has legged it. This you just need a bucket of water, one draw and you’re full. I can hit things at 15m provided it’s not windy.

FB87FFDE-340E-4615-AAEC-33491C7CE991.jpeg

It's for the pigeons roosting above our front door and crapping on the step. Thought I'd shoot the effers and make them go somewhere else. Not really a crack shot with a catapult.
Any suggestions?

SNAKES !
its a well known fact that no bird will go anywhere near a snake !.. The boating community regularly place rubber snakes on their boats to prevent gulls landing on their boats and making a mess. it works !

....you are likely to get a visit from the boys in blue ... it has been known to be the armed response unit.

That reminds me of a supposedly-true story - but I suspect it isn't! - from many years ago.

Bloke, 3am, woken from sleep by noises coming from his garage.
Rings 999 and reports that he thinks 2 burglars are inside.
Operator confirms the address and details, but then admits there are no patrols nearby. They'll get to the caller asap.
3.15am, the bloke rings again.
"A third bloke has turned up with a pickup parked outside! In the gloom I can see that they're carting my power tools out to the van!"
Again, the operator confirms receipt of the info, but claims that the boys in blue have been called to a different incident, and in the wrong direction...but they'll get to him asap.
3.25am, the bloke rings once more.
"For Christ's sake! They're trying to break into the back of the house now! Get a move on!"
The operator again apologises for the now-normal reasons, stating it'll be a good 30 minutes before any officer can get there. "Just stay out of sight, and try and keep safe..."
3.30am, the bloke's on the phone again.
"It's OK now...I'm safe. There's no rush."
The operator says "Ah, good! Have they gone?"
"In an manner of speaking, yes. I've just shot all three of 'em...."

Within 5 minutes, the bloke's house was surrounded by 4 armed response units, two speed units and a helicopter with full searchlight active, was circling the area.
The officer in charge hammered on the bloke's door.
"Where's your gun? Is it licenced properly? Where are the victims?!"
"Oh, they've long gone!"
"But you reported you'd shot them!"
"Yes...but you said you had nobody available....."

We have the odd Golden and sometimes a Sea eagle, a fake owl and an air gun and still have starlings, too many geese, pigeons and rabbits. The pigeons keep off the roof of a shed since I put one of those ultrasonic doobries inside. Only two boy rabbits at the moment though so they get left alone :) They've learnt to sneak right under the house windows though where I can't see them.
Applying for a Scottish gun licence is not a big deal as far as I remember.
Those RSPB pages are flipping useless aren't they?

Back