Water pistol recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
It's for the pigeons roosting above our front door and crapping on the step. Thought I'd shoot the effers and make them go somewhere else. Not really a crack shot with a catapult.
Any suggestions?

You can get spiky plastic things that prevent them from sitting/landing on it.

Probably best, I can just see the rspb turning up at your doorstep after one of the lesser neighbours complains about you bothering them

We had a couple of nerf water pistols which are excellent. 10m range good accuracy and plenty of volume.

Cheers James

You can get spiky plastic things that prevent them from sitting/landing on it.

Probably best, I can just see the rspb turning up at your doorstep after one of the lesser neighbours complains about you bothering them
Will have a look, spikey things and Nerf.
I thought Rorsach might have a suggestion as he claimed to be a firearms expert some time back.

The spiky things are pretty good if correctly installed. Fake owls work but only in the short term unless you keep moving them about the pigeons get used to them.

What are they roosting on? Might be easiest to remove their access to it with netting or wire or expanding foam?

As above, If you are suitably stealthy you may be able to get the blighters with expanding foam.... maybe contact adhesive on the ledge first? 🤣😁

Good god a gun toting Jacob, there's a scary thought. Tories everywhere look out!
Serously though if they are your garden vareity urban pigeons then they are just flying rats, and I would shoot them for real. If you are squeamish and have an air pistol then you can get felt pellets intended for cleaning the barrel, these would probably give enough of a sting to make them think twice without being fatal.

I looked into this recently myself.
It's for seagulls ( we live nowhere near the sea).

They are a plague. I looked into shooting them with my Dad's air rifle but apparently they are protected and you can be fined and arrested. As far as I can tell they are flying vermin and should be culled.

Super soakers were the thing when I was a kid but apparently they are rubbish now because they have been health and safety crippled.
I am thinking of making my own with an aluminium bottle and a bike pump.

Or I could get a large Eagle of some kind to move into my garden!

Ollie

It's for the pigeons roosting above our front door and crapping on the step. Thought I'd shoot the effers and make them go somewhere else. Not really a crack shot with a catapult.
Any suggestions?
20 bore semi auto shotgun. Don't forget to breast them out when despatched. Fresh pigeon breast, better than any steak you can buy!

Pump action NERF
Nerf Super Soaker Fortnite RL Water Blaster

1627978437412.png

Re: shooting with air rifle. Yes, illegal in these circumstances. And you could fall foul of other airgun laws... If on your own property then if you fire a pellet and it leaves your property then you are committing an offence. Note that even low powered airguns are considered to be firearms. If someone saw you taking pot shots at pigeons and objected and reported you then yet again you are likely to get a visit from the boys in blue ... it has been known to be the armed response unit. So ... my advice is to forget trying to shoot them with anything other than a water pistol. But for a better solution, get some of the spiky things, plastic or metal are available from ebay and come complete with stuff to stick them down. We use then on a pergola with great effect.
Cheers, Phil

Back