water butt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
We are having a water meater fitted to the house and it got me thinking about one of them Rain Diverter Kits, i have a small problem, my down pipe is in-between the lean-to and a brick wall, about 6 inch gap, but all is not lost, i can remove a window to get to the down pipe and could get a saw in to cut the pipe, just.
I my next task is i would have to run the connecting pipe the 10 feet to the barrel.
Question is can this pipe sag as i do not wont it to show to much, it would be like a long U shape.

Yes it should work but slowly, the big problem will be that it will silt up and block, how fast depends on how clean your roofs and gutters are. the one we have at home is only 12" long and I have to clean it out twice a year mainly because the water flows over a low angled felted roof and the mineral coating washes down the gutters and collects in the diverter pipe.

Been there Chris, only twice a year? I'm surrounded by trees and if the pipe is not blocked by leaves, it's fruit/berries or it's seeds or pollen!

Roy.

Back