Water Based Spray Paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSafferty

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to try spray painting some shop cabinets I'm going to build - I figured these would be good to try it out on.

I have a gravity fed gun & filter and a regular air compressor and am really just looking to try it out and learn what I can do with it.

I've bought "Spray Finishing Made Simple" which provides great information but what I'm after now is some advice on what paint to get (this will be for plywood cabinets).

I've looked and see that a lot of people recommend both Morrells or Sayerlac, but although I'm sure these are great they're a bit expensive just for shop cabinets. Does anyone have recommendations that I can get locally (wickes, B&Q etc), or relatively cheaply online just to try things out?

I'm happy to pay more for furniture projects, but paying around £70 for paint for shop cabinets seems a bit steep!

Last thing - I'm looking at water based paint primarily as I believe it's easier to clean up.

thanks!

Latest posts

Back