Watch the skies!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been struggling all day with my router (web ) and wireless connection to my laptop, It has been dropping out. I suspect its the northern lights affecting satellites and radio connections.

Is this happening to you?

My skype has been the main problem, laptop was not getting the control because router was being knocked out and my desktop has no equipment to operate with skype as mentioned on another thread of mine;.

Quote from another BBC source on the subject

This can interfere with technology on Earth, such as electrical power grids, communications systems and satellites - including satellite navigation (or sat-nav) signals.

above addition added by edit

Digit":i2e5in1u said:
It's the fairies at the bottom of your garden DW.

Roy.

Did you read about my skype problem earlier today. Uninstalled the lot from computers and tried to reinstall using a new user name. It wont let me it will only recognise the computers email address and gives me back the original account.

In the meantime those bloo dy faires you mentioned kept knocking me about.

Unbelievably, it was clear up here last night. But I forgot to go outside and see if there was any display. Haven't heard anyone mention it, so my guess is it wasn't that spectacular if there was anything.
And it's completely overcast tonight.

I've seen most of the sky's variations, but the aurora are still on my wish list.

Roy.

This is quite a good website. The cameras had some good pictures last night. I'm with you, Roy, something I'd like to see. The Weekend FT had a big article on a company that reckon to get you to where they are most likely going to be on any given day.

It's playing havoc with our TV reception Rog, but it's also peeing down at the moment so no chance of seeing anything at the moment.
Fingers crossed though.

Roy.

Many years ago I was up in Scotland with a team of scuba divers and I was on surface cover one evening. I laid back in the RIB and watched the most fantastic display in the sky of Aurora Borialis! I was so engrossed but was jogged back to reality with a shout of "Hey you asleep"!

Digit":29t17k7h said:
It's playing havoc with our TV reception Rog, but it's also peeing down at the moment so no chance of seeing anything at the moment.
Fingers crossed though.

Roy.

I told you those fairies are giving aggro didn't I ?

Anyone else having web router trouble or is it only certain brands of router?

Mine seems OK and given you're down in Devon I reckon it's more likely your router or computer than anything else.
Re your Skype problem, I recently changed account details on XP with no problem, so I wonder whether you're doing something wrong?

Of course it does

Alt+ 0224 = à upper case is Alt+ 0192 (À)
Alt+ 0225 = á upper case is Alt+ 0193 (Á)
Alt+ 0226 = â upper case is Alt+ 0194 (Â)
Alt+ 0231 = ç upper case is Alt+ 0199 (Ç)
Alt+ 0232 = è upper case is Alt+ 0200 (È)
Alt+ 0233 = é upper case is Alt+ 0201 (É)
Alt+ 0244 = ô upper case is Alt+ 0212 (Ô)
Alt+ 0246 = ö upper case is Alt+ 0214 (Ö)
Alt+ 0251 = û upper case is Alt+ 0219 (Û)

Others you may find useful include:

Alt+ 0169 = ©
Alt+ 0174 = ®
Alt+ 0176 = °
Alt+ 0188 = ¼
Alt+ 0189 = ½
Alt+ 0190 = ¾

Impressed ehhh. There are easier waze too if you are interested :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Dead easy with a Mac!

Dead easy with a Mac!

making-fun-054.GIF

Roy.

Back