Washing Machines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digit":1r07hg6j said:
ALL washing machines will move if incorrectly loaded. I've seen door mats, bedroom mats, trainers, even Wellies in washing machines.
7kgs of dry washing spinning at 1600rpm and out of balance will soon cause bearing/spider failure.

Roy.

True - the Miele instructions do go on about loading it correctly - Wifey must have read them for once. :shock:

Dibs

I visited a customer once to supply a recon machine. She had more scrap machines in her garden than I did!
Turned out that she hand washed delicates then put them into her machine to spin them. I explained to her that meant that automatically the machine was unbalanced and suggested she put the clothes in on a rinse cycle.
Overloading is endemic! Regretably attempting to tell a middle aged lady that she is using the machine incorrectly can be very difficult!

Roy.

Update - We were going to get a Siemens but couldn't wait 2 weeks for one, so we've ordered a Panasonic something-or-other instead from Sainsbury's. 5 year guarantee and £10 off with a voucher from t'intnet, so in all it came to just over £400.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Mark

Back