Warning to people who sell on ebay!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Over the last few days i have been selling a P910i on ebay and a couple of emails i got raised some suspicions here is the first one:

I am very happy to see this unit and due to the high demand for it in my store i am offering you £950.00 including shipping fees so close this auction immediately and send me your contact details so i can make the payment via BidPay auction payment and upon the receipt of the payment sent to you from bidpay make shipment immediately via INSURED REGISTERED POST.

I was very suspicious so i ignored it and then a warning from ebay telling me that this email could be related to fraudelant activity. I then got another one from a different seller which reads like this:

DEAR SELLER, AM HIGHLY INTRESTED IN BUYING THIS GREAT ITEMS FOR OF MY WIFE BIRTHDAY COMES UP SOONEST.I WILL LIKE TO BUY THIS ITEM AS FAST AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE HIS BIRTHDAY DATE IS VERY LIMITED I WANT THE ITEM SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO HIM IN NIGERIA AND I WILL BE PAYING YOU WITH MONEY ORDER THROUGH A VERY SECURE ONLINE PAYMENTS BY BIDPAY POSTAL ORDER KINDLY GET BACK TO ME WITH YOUR FULL NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FOR PAYMENT I WANT THE ITEM SHIPPED VIA FEDEX EXPRESS OR ROYAL MAIL NEXT DAY SHIPPING TO NIGERIA, I WILL BE WILLING TO PAY £350 FOR THE ITEM INCLUDING SHIPPING TO MY WIFE IN NIGERIA LET ME HAVE YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. KINDEST REGARDS"

I thought this one was definatley suspicious i think he or she should make up his or her mind is it the wifes birthday or the husbands. Again i got another email off of ebay warning me about this person.
So please when you are selling if you think its suspicious it probably is.

Derek
You have nothing to worry about-this very same person is transferring £10 million pounds into an account for me! All I have to do is send him a piddly amount of cash to set it up. His email was written in a similar "lilting" style, so worry not-I'm sure he's totally legit. :roll: :twisted:
Just waiting for the millions to be transferred over,
OneBornEveryMinute 8)

I have bought and sold quite a number of items on ebay and when selling the only things i have problems with are mobile phones. Once i was selling a phone and i got an email from a guy in singapore asking if i would accept about what the phone was worth but he insisted i post it off asap and forward him the tracking number which i agreed to so the transaction was made the funds where paid to me via paypal i then proceeded to transfer them into my bank account meanwhile off i toddled to the post office to post the phone as instructed which i did but when i got home and checked my email their was an email from paypal saying that my account was under investigation for fraudelent activity when i enquired what had happened the guy had gone and reported his credit card stolen so the payment was stopped i then started to panic as i was looking at losing a £300 phone but i contacted the royal mail sorting office that went out of their way to find the phone out of the thousands of other parcels which they did and i eventually got the phone back. Ever since that time i have never said a bad thing about the royal mail even if they are plasted all over the news occasionaly.

Philly":30p6ueg1 said:
Derek
You have nothing to worry about-this very same person is transferring £10 million pounds into an account for me! All I have to do is send him a piddly amount of cash to set it up. His email was written in a similar "lilting" style, so worry not-I'm sure he's totally legit. :roll: :twisted:
Just waiting for the millions to be transferred over,
OneBornEveryMinute 8)

Philly

DON'T tust him :shock: He is already sending £10m to me and I don't think he has £20m!!!

Hard luck boys, the bloke sending me £10m is a General so he'll get to the bank first...

Noel

I have had exactly the same kind of thing......absolute rubbish, it's this kind of thing that gives Ebay a bad name........ :cry:

I know why not settle for 5 million each that way everyones happy, well us 4 anyway.

Look Guys, lets keep this between ourselves! Just pm each other now-and I get my £5 mil first.... :roll: :wink:
Sucker 8-[

have had exactly the same kind of thing......absolute rubbish, it's this kind of thing that gives Ebay a bad name........ Crying or Very sad

I think its more than these people that give ebay a bad name :?

I see no need for it, and to be honest I see nothing but trouble being generated from either trying to buy or sell to somebody in this way.

we managed for years without ebay, but I suppose its a perfect outlet for all those people who steal things.........

steve

although car boots are`nt anonymous are they................

unless you get somebody stupid as a front....

steve

Steve - I'm with you on this, I can not understand why anyone would want to buy OR sell over E-bay, especially after the problems which have arisen with Pay Pal and any other remote faceless pay machine. Dereks experience horrifies me and he must have some guts to carry on using them!!

Back