Warning-Alf will be rubbing Her hands together.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have to announce this but in the next issue of Pop Wood (whenever it hits our letterboxes :roll: ) features a review of the dreaded Woodrat. I think they like it too. So you know what this means-Lots of Ratters trumpeting around the forum.
Just thought you might like some heads-up on this.
Could be why Devonwoody's gone off to Oz...... :lol:
Cheers
Philly :lol: :wink:

Hi Philly

The next issue of PW. The next issue.

I'd just like to receive the last one and the one before that. The company that handle the distribution for them suck. It's now twelve days and I have only received an automated reply to my latest email.

Cheers
Neil

I got my subscription copy of PW about a week ago :) The magazine is gettting better and better. By contrast I thought that FWW which arrived at the same time was starting to look very tired - a full scale article on applying an oil finish was very disheartening.

waterhead37":4ohqcj5c said:
I thought that FWW which arrived at the same time was starting to look very tired - a full scale article on applying an oil finish was very disheartening.

Ahhh, you're just getting old and jaded :p. Those of us who have never done an oil finish thought that article was wonderful :).

Actually, I do like Pop Wood and have greatly enjoyed the two copies I've received (although my latest subscription copy hasn't arrived yet either!) but FWW reigns supreme in my workshop.

Yes, I heard that was coming. I wasn't planning on crowing, but on the other hand I'd hate to disappoint... :wink: Haven't got my copy yet though :(

Funnily enough I finally got round to FWW last night, having tossed it down in mild disgust when it first arrived. As it happened the drawing large curves article was just in tune with some stuff I'm currently musing on, so I was quite a happy bunny. But I agree; a full article on an oil finish in FWW is pathetic, as was the article on rasps and files. Not a whisper about the Auriou rasps, long after PWW's already covered them and voted them into their tools of the year line up. If only the latter would sort out their sub delivery. :(

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2v8cnpu6 said:
Haven't got my copy yet though :( .............If only the latter would sort out their sub delivery. :( Cheers, Alf

Still awaiting my copy too :(

Adam

Latest posts

Back