Wardrobe rail and fixings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening,
I'm currently building some built in wardrobes. I need to order the rails for the coat hangers. I'm keen to buy something good quality and that wont bend, as have cheap ones I've had in wardrobes in the past. The cloths for these wardrobes are currently on one of those free standing rails on casters which is already straining under the weight - though the span of that is longer than the wardrobes I'm building and the rail is narrower than I want. I don't mind an intermediate bracket in a double wardrobe if it helps the sag though the carcasses are egger oak effect melamine faced chipboard so a vertical fixing won't be great. Anyone recommend some good quality rails and brackets, don't mind paying for quality.

Many thanks everyone

Mark

The oval rails are something like twice as strong as the round ones. Maybe even stronger. Don't go for round unless it's a short distance.

For our last wardrobe, I bought the oval rails from Toolstation which were fine, holding up a lot of shirts and suits over about 5-6 feet with supports only at the ends. The round ones needed a support in the middle.

gmgmgm":28481dap said:
...........The round ones needed a support in the middle.

The other problem being that if the middle rail hanger is attached to a shelf already at maximum load span, it will be overloaded and sag. Oval are the way to go.

Latest posts

Back