wardrobe hinge help needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a4mative

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've just built a wardrobe and made shaker style doors from 25mm mdf. I'm really struggling to find any concealed hinges to fit. Has anyone got any ideas? I would like to avoid butt hinges if possible as I could do with some adjustability.

Any ideas would be great.

Jay

a4mative":3h4sup1u said:
Hi guys,
I've just built a wardrobe and made shaker style doors from 25mm mdf. I'm really struggling to find any concealed hinges to fit. Has anyone got any ideas? I would like to avoid butt hinges if possible as I could do with some adjustability.

Any ideas would be great.

Jay

Might be better with these than butt hinges on MDF http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-SOFT-CLO ... 4873ddabae

Cheers for the reply.
I have purchased some very similar ones however when I set up a sample to gauge the distance. they won't clear the frame due to its thickness (25mm). I may be missing something?

Jay

I'm sure in the past others have been pointed in the Blum direction, pretty sure their site has some excellent technical help/advice.

edit
Yea just checked, Blum site has the products and then technical downloads for their products. Hinges have setting out measurements for different thickness doors.

Cheers for all your replies, I think I finally have my head around it!

I will get some ordered and post some pics when it's completed.

Jay

Latest posts

Back