Ward and Payne...Axe is bold with love....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bugbear":1r2fo6se said:
Richard T":1r2fo6se said:
Any luck with the adze hunt yet Jim?

Perhaps the "demand driven" car boot theory isn't quite holding up. Tricky to buy what isn't there IME.

BugBear

Patience is your friend....and the hunt is all....

8)

Anyone can buy one from a shop...at a cost...and the value is empty.

Jim

jimi43":109l0zco said:
bugbear":109l0zco said:
Richard T":109l0zco said:
Any luck with the adze hunt yet Jim?

Perhaps the "demand driven" car boot theory isn't quite holding up. Tricky to buy what isn't there IME.

BugBear

Patience is your friend....and the hunt is all....

8)

Anyone can buy one from a shop...at a cost...and the value is empty.

Jim

There is another option - a swap!

I've just been reminding myself of this guy:

start.jpg

whose website was mentioned on here then bookmarked by me.

Jim, he seems a man after your own heart, and has several adzes and axes available to swap - some in more usable condition than others.

Thank you Heimlaga - accepted. Actually I half-thought I was wrong as I wrote... it may be like drawknives, where I believe you need some back-bevel in order to get any control of cut depth. I would still quite like a side axe though (right-handed, for all those secret Santas out there) and would probably then put a small back bevel on it, just as I do with a draw-knife. But frankly, I am a real novice with an axe... it's on the 'to do' list.

(edit) - and Andy, your mate with the stall... why does he look so miserable? - I checked his stock and he has some fine items spanning from the odd tool to the very odd weapon. He should wear a smile.

Latest posts

Back