• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wanted triton workcentre

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonio-d

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone
I'm on the look out for a triton workcentre if anyone has one coming up for sale preferably with the router table too.
im in surrey so as close as possible to surrey however i am prepared to drive a distance if the item and price are right.

thank you advance.

Try Facebook marketplace, one came up on there the other day I noticed.

Are they any good?

No experience of them?

How do they compare to a separate table saw router workmate???

Cheers James

Hi thank you for the offer I’m going to try and pursue the one on eBay which James has kindly found if I don’t succeed I will be in touch. Thank you

Are they any good?

No experience of them?

How do they compare to a separate table saw router workmate???

Cheers James

The TWX7 system is better than nothing. Maybe. I bought the complete system because I thought it would be great for a garage shop that also had to be used for cars. The portability was perfect, but as I used it, I realized I would never use the system for any serious woodworking. As a worktable, it is better than the Workmate, but for the cost I would take the Workmate.

The tracks for the saw fence are on the main table, not the insert, and I had to calibrate the fence rails for the contractor saw each time I changed the inserts. No matter how careful I was in trying to make sure the insert alignment was consistent, there was enough difference between the insert and the table to throw off the alignment of the fence to the blade. I kept a lot of offcuts handy to go through the fence alignment process. Because of the lack of repeatability, there was no point in making a crosscut sled.

I abandoned the idea of using the router insert, even though I had the TRA001 router. Although the router fence rails are part of the insert, the range of movement is limited. Triton decided to save money on the router insert by including only three grub screws for the plastic reducing ring set that are used to level the ring with the insert top. This requires the user to transfer the screws to each ring when needed (I did splurge on the M4 grub screws for the other inserts).

I used the saw only for breaking down sheet goods before abandoning it. Even with a pair of shop vacuums connected to the upper and lower dust ports, the saw was incredibly messy. I now use a track saw for breaking down sheet goods. The complete set gathered dust in my garage for almost two years while I tried to sell it for €100, but I eventually gave it away because I needed the space. I sold the TRA001 separately.

Thank you for you response Mike K. I was given a Mk3 by a friend who had given up on and it came without instructions. I have been toying with setting it up to use with my saw but have had my doubts. After reading your piece I think I'll leave it as it is, a surface to put equipment when not in use on.
Martin

just to clarify here. the mk3 was designed and made in oz. the 2000 was similar but improved. the twx7 was a Chinese mish mash not connected to the other 2.
the mk3 has its foibles but for its time was a good "thing" the 2000 was even better. the biggest problem was in the age of cheap Chinese cast machines and scms they look " wrong" . but I still use mine occasionally on site as a ripsaw. they fulfil a need that's now a bit obsolete. but that doesn't make them any less accurate( the mk3 was very dusty having zero extraction.)
the twx7 is best avoided here.

Before I had a workshop I had a triton in the garage and it was just so noisy with a 2000W saw attached, not to mention the awful dust extraction i mostly tried not to use it.

Latest posts

Back