Wanted S/H XP desktop computer now got one edit.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay is knee deep in them John.
I bought a couple of Dell Optiplex USFF SX280 Desktops for servers/controllers a little while back and they have been very good.
Small format desktop which sometimes come with a mounting kit and fit on the back of a monitor. They are about 250 x 250 x 80mm
Make sure they are selling the PSU as well. This is external and essential to power the machine.
I've had one in the workshop for about a year now I think and no problems. Having an external PSU, there is less heat generated in the case and less airflow needed. Seems to cope with the slightly dusty atmosphere.

hth

Bob

devonwoody":17hrx265 said:
Still want an XP second hand desktop computer. PM details.

Do u have the software or do you need both the pc and the xp?
the reason I ask is that MS are getting more and more invasive about seeking out unlicensed XP via their use of a genuine xp validation check before some updates.

Are the 3 service packs still available online if u just get the XP on disk?

Carlow52":2ngokves said:
devonwoody":2ngokves said:
Still want an XP second hand desktop computer. PM details.

Do u have the software or do you need both the pc and the xp?
the reason I ask is that MS are getting more and more invasive about seeking out unlicensed XP via their use of a genuine xp validation check before some updates.

Are the 3 service packs still available online if u just get the XP on disk?

I have got a genuine XP and I downloaded the service 3 pack to a disk when it was available, dont know if that will still work. PM me if you have an offer.

Thanks Mr9, I was a little doubtful of ebay for such equipment, I suppose if I found a local one I could check it out on site perhaps.

Back