want a new tablesaw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
10" 60T for my Axminster tables saw , prices seem to have rocketed since my last purchase 4 years ago, many are over £100.

Any recommendations.

Changed the Chinese blade on my table saw for Atkinson Walker via Workshop Heaven. Been pleased and bought the same brand for other saws I use.

Tony Comber

2.4mm according to the link (you have to click on the bottom of the text where it says "more")

But the image shows it saying 2.8mm.

I would suggest that the plate thickness is 2.4mm and the image is correct

I also do a bit of ripping with my 60 T blade, naughty I know but doing those contrast strips I glue them straight off the 60T blade and do not need to plane or thickness.

devonwoody":3nevpc3w said:
My knife Holding the guard is 2.8mm thick, what do ya think?
I just measured the actual width cut in a piece of wood and it's 3.2mm ....... :?:

So the kinife will not expand the cut end of the timber causing it to lock if against a fence and if crosscutting the knife should not expand the timber either when being cross cut causing the blade to wander off a line?

Yep if the knife is thicker than the blade it causes the timber to bear against an outside area and that would then jam.

(Just think if the knife was 25mm thick (exaggeration) timber could not pass knife or fence etc.)

I have the 250mm Freud LP40M cross-cut blade (60 tooth, 30mm arbour) and the kerf is 2.8mm.

Roger, the cut being wider than the kerf could be due to run-out (i.e. the blade isn't running true - as an extreme example think of a Dado wobble blade), or misalignment of the blade with the mitre gauge slots or sliding table if you used either.

RogerP":glq3nf9d said:
jetsetwilly":glq3nf9d said:
Are those fancy freud combination blads available with (at least) a 1inch arbour?
http://www.langtoninfo.co.uk/showitem.a ... 54&loc=GBP but 5/8..
The link I gave shows 30mm ones ......

But not of the type I meant - I meant the type under my link, with groups of teeth separated by wide gullets for ripping. It's very distinctive and apparently works v well for GP cuts.

Back