Wander what I got?😀

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hallelujahal

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wandering around after the missus submissively, in a local antiques emporium this morning when I chanced upon this wee beastie. I know it’s nothing special but it’s my first scroll saw and only cost me £25 so I reckon it’ll do for a bit? Wife bought nothing as well which pleased me no end!!!
😀 happy chappy!

Attachments

• A65834F9-5972-43CC-948F-F2A6477D3D82.jpeg
    A65834F9-5972-43CC-948F-F2A6477D3D82.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 212
Looks like the ones Record Power first sold when they ventured into the scroll saw market. It was a rebadged Hawk from the USA and rated very highly by the Americans. An amazing bargain, well done.

This is a nu tool saw made in Taiwan.it’s nothing like the quality of the record badged hawks that were sold for a short time a few years ago.
I expect it will do the job but with no quick release or variable speed ,no idea how good the blade clamps are, probably just basic Taiwan style.
Might still be better than the current chiwanese new saws

I have to agree that at first glance this does look a little like the Record 20 scrollsaw (made by RBI/Hawk) as others have said it is a cheap copy as you can see from looking at the picture of the Record version below.

Having said the above at £25 you had to buy it and I think I would have done the same.
img20210722_23455835.jpg

Thanks Scrimper, love your videos btw. The machine works fine and I’ve not broken too many blades whilst faffing about learning to scroll. The blade change is a pita but beggars can’t be choosers!😀

Thanks Scrimper, love your videos btw. The machine works fine and I’ve not broken too many blades whilst faffing about learning to scroll. The blade change is a pita but beggars can’t be choosers!😀
I am honoured that you have watched my videos and enjoyed them, thank you. This is a cheap copy of a decent saw as mentioned by others, however it is a lot better than most of the new cheap machines on the market today some costing £150 plus. You had a real bargain in my opinion and what have you got to lose at the very low price you paid.
It may be awkward and perhaps a little frustrating to use for intricate fretwork but even if you just use it for basic woodwork at £25 it's a total bargain. :)

Well for a start Axminster Tools have several, one of which MAY fit your machine (ask them, I've always found them helpful).

Then of course there's Record Tools (whom I have found "complicated" when trying to connect with a real person), and not always "so" knowledgeable.

And then (no - or little - sarcasm intended) simply do an internet search for something like "scroll saw quick release blade clamps". !

Back