Wand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
The person who asked for this, requested something 'plain'.
I'm pretty sure the long part is maple, originally thought it was sycamore but its quite a lot harder than the sycamore I've used before. Bit of a bonus as it is from quite a big piece that had been put in with some offcuts of reds I'd got from local timber yard.
Handle is oak, currently fitting a kitchen and the client said I could have the oak doors and drawer fronts from old kitchen. He'd have just skipped them.
Quite pleased I managed not to snap it and it was good skew practice if nothing else.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 54
Nice, how did you get the unicorn hair down the middle or am I mis remembering Harry Potter?

Turning something long and thin like that isn’t easy so good job(y)

Nice.
I made one for my 8 year old granddaughter last year along with a matching "wand" pen and a presentation box, she reminded me on Sunday that it still doesn't work when she tries to put a spell on her parents. :ROFLMAO:

Nice and doubtless harder than it looks.

A small step and you will be making conductors batons :)

https://newlandbatons.com/
(some interesting stuff on handle woods etc if you look round the site. I wonder of he can make a living as a woodturner from just one type of product. Mass produced batons are about £10 so this is a bit niche)

The person who asked for this, requested something 'plain'.
I'm pretty sure the long part is maple, originally thought it was sycamore but its quite a lot harder than the sycamore I've used before. Bit of a bonus as it is from quite a big piece that had been put in with some offcuts of reds I'd got from local timber yard.
Handle is oak, currently fitting a kitchen and the client said I could have the oak doors and drawer fronts from old kitchen. He'd have just skipped them.
Quite pleased I managed not to snap it and it was good skew practice if nothing else.
Nice shape, I have a kitchen knife sharpener that looks pretty similar, I'll wave it around a bit, make some magic 😁

Back