Walnut WC

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
Well there is not that much walnut in it but thought that I had not posted much work lately.

This was for a long standing client, she had it done about 6yrs ago in an art deco style when she moved in, I was too busy at the time and she wanted a change. There were pipe boxings everywhere which I hate, one on all three walls at floor level, one down the wall behind the door frame, one at high level from the shower above as well as a beam over the door opening. Walls were taken back to bare brick and with a bit of chasing and creative drylining all pipework was hidden.

The counter top is solid 44mm black walnut but due to the width of the windowboard/cistern cover I used 3mm bandsawn veneers onto both sides of a MR MDF core. Client liked the wood so much she also got me to make the mirror surround. Floor is Amtico chosen more to match the rest of the woodwork in the house than the walnut.

PICT0351.jpg

While I was at it I made some doors to hide the coat/shoe storage in the passageway leading to the WC, proportions of new doors all to match the existing old WC. Just waiting for the floor layers to fit some matching skirting to hide the bit of pipework.

PICT0354.jpg

Made the walnut door knobs to go with the rest

PICT0353.jpg

J

Soulboy, no its all parana pine, not stripped it was bare wood from the time the house was built, it has had the old finish removed about 6 yrs ago as it had gone very dark, see my other thread about reclaimed PP doors.

Mr T thats is usually the problem with small cloakrooms but luckily I had another room stripped bare that I could work from so that helped a lot.

J

Nice work - walnut seems to be in fashion at the moment. My daughter is renovating a 1930s house she has moved into with Walnut "accessories".
Personal I know but I dont like the tiles.

Rod

Latest posts

Back