Walnut -ringed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanser

Established Member
Reaction score
I buy unseasoned arisings for splitting from a few local tree surgeons and have had a ringed walnut tree dropped on my drive. A big tree some 30" across at its base. I did ask why he'd not thought to get it milled and it seems the access was only wide enough to barrow it out in pieces. Such a pity. It's a lovely colour and tight grain. If anyone can use a chunk or so please pm me.

Ooooh can you cut me a 5ft x 8'' x 1'' section for the new comp on here. :mrgreen:

It is already shorter than that isn't it? I got the impression it was in very short lengths.

Sounds like it's too late for the saw mill! Chuck it on the fire! :lol:

Hi Hanser

Could I suggest you move to the North East of Scotland? - Oh! and bring that wood with you :wink: :wink:

Regards Mick

Guys, as I said it's been ringed. The biggest bits are about 14"long along the grain perhaps ok for small turned stuff after it's seasoned?

hanser":7vkvfvb3 said:
Guys, as I said it's been ringed. The biggest bits are about 14"long along the grain perhaps ok for small turned stuff after it's seasoned?
Ahhhh thought you meant it had been given new false number plates etc :mrgreen:

I think turners can use air dried timber? Might be worth asking in the turning section?

Back