Walnut jewellery box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philip sewell

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve just sold this walnut/burr walnut maple box which is going down to Taunton at the start of next week. This was one of a pair. They were quite a challenge to make because the dovetails are cut on a curve. I made a hand plane so I could shape the inside curve of the box. A commercial disaster but if you don’t try new things you don’t improve your skills. I’m sure I won’t make anymore like this though. Hopefully it’s well received in its new home.

Phil.

bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk
tooleypark.com
American6.png
American9.png
American12.png
American8.png
American3.png
American10.png
American2.png
American4.png

Lovely box,you should make more the more you make the more efficient you will be and the more money you will make to keep the workshop running.You are obviously very skilled and producing a high end project that many can only aspire to including myself.

Thanks Kevin. I could make more but getting them down to a price someone might buy would be a struggle. There are a lot of people making boxes so it's not like there is a lack of choice for people.

I’ve just sold this walnut/burr walnut maple box which is going down to Taunton at the start of next week. This was one of a pair. They were quite a challenge to make because the dovetails are cut on a curve. I made a hand plane so I could shape the inside curve of the box. A commercial disaster but if you don’t try new things you don’t improve your skills. I’m sure I won’t make anymore like this though. Hopefully it’s well received in its new home.

Phil.

bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk
tooleypark.com
View attachment 110355View attachment 110357View attachment 110358View attachment 110359View attachment 110360View attachment 110356View attachment 110361View attachment 110354
Beautiful workmanship, lovely piece

Back