Walnut jewellery box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philip sewell

Established Member
Reaction score
I sold this jewellery box today. It is one of a batch of 6 I made to the same design but using different timbers to give potential buyers a choice.

I often make them in batches to try and keep the cost down.

As with all my boxes this one is jointed with handcut dovetails.

This one is walnut with masur birch veneer on maple panels. The knob is African blackwood.

I used Andrew Crawfords hinges.

I posted it off this afternoon so the new owner will receive it early next week. I hope they like it!

Phil.

tooleypark.com
bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk
walnut-masur-birch-panels1.png
walnut-masur-birch-panels4.png
walnut-masur-birch-panels10.png
walnut-masur-birch-panels9.png
walnut-masur-birch-panels2.png

walnut-masur-birch-panels11.png

I posted it off this afternoon so the new owner will receive it early next week. I hope they like it!

Phil.

tooleypark.com

very nice indeed.

how much do you think that you save by making a batch of 6 at a time (in % terms)?

how did learn to make lovely boxes, and how long does take make a box

How does take to make a box , and where did you learn such skills

Thanks for the kind words re the box.

I normally build up several coats of oil on walnut until I get a sheen, then wax on top. This gives a nice tactile finish with a certain amount of reflection but not a high reflective French polish type surface which I'm not keen on and I don't think it would suit the type of boxes I make.

I sold this jewellery box today. It is one of a batch of 6 I made to the same design but using different timbers to give potential buyers a choice.

I often make them in batches to try and keep the cost down.

As with all my boxes this one is jointed with handcut dovetails.

This one is walnut with masur birch veneer on maple panels. The knob is African blackwood.

Phil.

tooleypark.com
View attachment 105170View attachment 105166View attachment 105167View attachment 105168View attachment 105169

View attachment 105165I used Andrew Crawfords hinges.

Phil.

tooleypark.com

I love walnut and your joint looks really cool.
Well done.

Latest posts

Back