walnut furniture panels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geertswaans

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a black walnut furniture panel, 18mm thick. Before I got my oak panels from SMI but they dont have walnut available. Anybody any ideas where I might find some?
Regards
Geert

I am not quite sure what you mean. If you mean 18mm mdf veneered with ABW, there are hundreds of suppliers. It is usually 19mm thick rather than 18mm but many qualities are available as well. Just google veneered mdf and you will find loads.

no, i'm looking for solid walnut. A bit like the pine furniture boards you can by at the DIY store. I know about MDF verneered but I'm not even thinking about suggesting that to the client.

I don't think any such thing exists for walnut. You'll have to make your own panels.

Chems":2qwzfx6b said:
I don't think any such thing exists for walnut. You'll have to make your own panels.
I agree. I needed solid wood panels for a kitchen fit and no where could I find what I wanted so ended up machining them myself.

geertswaans":27cb5cv2 said:
no, i'm looking for solid walnut. A bit like the pine furniture boards you can by at the DIY store. I know about MDF verneered but I'm not even thinking about suggesting that to the client.

It will be insanely expensive. What is wrong with veneered panel, lots of high end furniture gets made with veneered panels and solid accents and trim.

Senior/doctor posted pictures of an awesome fitted wardrobe in walnut a few years ago, I will try and find a link.

From his website

4.jpg

Although looking at it,it looks like the panels are jointed so a bad example, still cool though

Back