Walkers Crisp's RANT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dibs-h":36a17bue said:
woodpig":36a17bue said:
At least Walkers are made here with English Potatoes.

So are Seabrooks - driven past the factory more times than I care to remember.

Factory next door to Wickes car park. Nip down for a piece of banana wood or plastecine screws and enjoy the aroma of whatever is being cooked for a while. Fish and chip day is good, but I can never remember which day.

xy

My grandma made the best crisps, she had a gadget that fastened to the blade of her sharp knife and an old pan about 10" deep filled with fat (from the butchers) and when ever she asked what I wanted I said , crisps.

Blister":aoj9imuc said:
Mike.C":aoj9imuc said:
Oh no nothing could force me to give up my Walkers Salt & Vineger crisps, their a consequence of giving up smoking 2 years ago :lol:

Cheers

Mike

PM me you address and a free bag of ALDI's will be on its way

MAYBE a convert :wink:

Thanks mate I received them today and opened the cheese and onion first, sorry no chance and I gave them to SWMBO, but there again I don't really like Cheese and Bunion
Then as I was opening the Salt and Vinegar I thought, sorry Blister there is no convert here, but after the first couple of crisps I have to admit that they are at least as good as Walkers, maybe even a bit better, so yes I am a convert and I will be popping into Aldi for some more of them =D>

Cheers Blister, it was very good of you to send them to us. The wife said say hello and that she will be buying some Aldi cheese and onion from now on :D

Mike

I guess it's like Coke; the supermarket's own tastes the same as the branded product. The only reason in price difference is the cost of marketing

I'm afraid its Walkers every time for me and you visit the factory you may change your mind, I might even show you around myself :D if I ever get back to work.

devonwoody":6t94pgy6 said:
My grandma made the best crisps, she had a gadget that fastened to the blade of her sharp knife and an old pan about 10" deep filled with fat (from the butchers) and when ever she asked what I wanted I said , crisps.

Here's an excellent crisp slicer:

http://www.cs-catering-equipment.co.uk/ ... dolin.html

Also makes amazing veggies for stir fries. Super thin, even slices alter the texture and eating experience dramatically, opening up whole new meals from the same old ingredients.

It works even better if you (carefully) sharpen the supplied blade. Its small and hollow ground, so it's fairly easy to polish the back and edge. I tried to remove the minimum material, since the hollow grind makes a very thin, low angle cutting edge, which I suspect is desirable.

BugBear

Bugbear, I object to added flesh using those machines, they always frighten me that I might convert to cannibal status if I became addicted.

devonwoody":3jb6hbqn said:
Bugbear, I object to added flesh using those machines, they always frighten me that I might convert to cannibal status if I became addicted.

Mine frightens the hell out of me every time I use it. I always stop slicing with quite a lot of the veggie left. The supplied holder helps a bit, depending on the veggie.

BugBear

Thanks for the heads up BB - I need to replace my wooden one.
(Whose blade will not keep still and I've cut myself a few times on it! :evil: )

Got a Celeriac, Swede and Potato Dauphinoise to make!

Rod

Back