Walkers Crisp's RANT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike.C":8a6b2ztt said:
Studders me old mate it is quite obvious that Crunchies are a hole heap better then Mars Bars.

Now I am going to have a few bags of Walkers Salt and Vineger with my cocoa before I go to bed :roll:

Cheers

Mike

Cocoa is SO last year !

devonwoody":9850vmho said:
Blister, it was reported that top paid directors etc. had a 49% pay rise last year, so they will be getting another rise next year on that price increase no doubt.

Coc k, dw. Don't believe everything that you read in the tabloid press.

knappers":7qmprb7r said:
Sorry, you are all wrong... Seabrooks crisps are the way forward.

Si.

Hhm, Canadian Ham flavour. But where can you buy them?! :lol:

RogerS":3jkbs4y9 said:
devonwoody":3jkbs4y9 said:
Blister, it was reported that top paid directors etc. had a 49% pay rise last year, so they will be getting another rise next year on that price increase no doubt.

Coc k, dw. Don't believe everything that you read in the tabloid press.

Roger, you mean its even higher!

RogerS":3ud8kk5f said:
Mike.C":3ud8kk5f said:
Studders me old mate it is quite obvious that Crunchies are a hole heap better then Mars Bars.

Now I am going to have a few bags of Walkers Salt and Vineger with my cocoa before I go to bed :roll:

Cheers

Mike

Cocoa is SO last year !

:lol: :lol:

I cannot stand the flavoured ones and I don't like salt too.

So just plain unadulterated ones with the salt in little packets that I can chuck away for me!

Anyway all this junk food is bad for you so don't eat it - an apple or a raw carrot are much better.

Rod :wink: :wink:

ALDI for me and has been for as long as I can remember, they also sell chilli type tortilla's, now they are lovely with a spicey salsa dip and a few cans.

:D :D :D

Stew

woodpig":2za6k1un said:
Hhm, Canadian Ham flavour. But where can you buy them?! :lol:
I bought some of them from Tesco's last week. I couldn't tell the difference from regular smoky bacon flavour?

Anyone tried those baked potato flavoured crisps yet? The taste is strange - almost like baked potato and butter but with an odd after taste.

woodpig":2g77af3l said:
Maybe would should be buying English stuff to get us out of the recession rather than German?

That's not always easy to do, and may backfire. Although Walkers crisps are still made in Leicester, the brand is owned by US multinational Pepsico, who apparently changed the company structure and accounting in 1999 so that the profits are made in Switzerland, minimising the tax paid in the UK.

AndyT":1nnq8y5a said:
woodpig":1nnq8y5a said:
Maybe would should be buying English stuff to get us out of the recession rather than German?

That's not always easy to do, and may backfire. Although Walkers crisps are still made in Leicester, the brand is owned by US multinational Pepsico, who apparently changed the company structure and accounting in 1999 so that the profits are made in Switzerland, minimising the tax paid in the UK.

Well thats ok then least something the Chinese aint bought yet, even our debt

knappers":3cpz0bop said:
Sorry, you are all wrong... Seabrooks crisps are the way forward.

Si.

Always bought them whenever possible - as they are locally made. Drove past a billboard showing the new flavours - Desi Curry! Given Swimbo saw it - you know what the mission is this week? :roll:

Dibs

MrA":45py16n4 said:
Walkers crisps are fried in sunflower oil, the potatoes are all A graded and the flavouring is the best on the market..... fact. Better than some Kraut spud fried in diesel.

Can I just vote for Seabrook's at this juncture...

http://www.seabrookcrisps.com/

They're not even expensive like "posh crisps" e.g. Kettle (which are posh, overpriced and not actually very nice IMHO)

Oh - and be careful of the Seabrook's Hot 'n'Spicy range. They are genuinely pretty damn hot!

BugBear

Have to say, I'm with Mister Blister on the Aldi stuff - bloody good value.

woodpig":14uqh3c9 said:

- And then someone one will be saying 'I only drink Tetleys as it's the best BRITISH tea available'....

Take a gander at the packet - owned by the Indian Biz Mogul, TATA (Maker of very good Indian cars and not so reliable 'British' ones, too)

Greg (Blimey, I think I suddenly climbed out of my box for a minute, there - best get back in)

gregmcateer":35dildlq said:
Take a gander at the packet - owned by the Indian Biz Mogul, TATA

Just gives the producing nation more of the final value. Although probably still doesn't filter down to the pickers\graders\etc.

Tayto cheese and onion. The world's best.

Latest posts

Back