walk in pantry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyn2

Established Member
Reaction score
:D I am currently updating my kitchen and as part of the update, I am building a walk in pantry the space is not very big about 40” 100cm square alcove but my much better half wants to be able to have selves all the way round and be able to adjust them it seems as I watch Norm she watches this old house if any one has had experience of doing any thing like this or has plans please add your comments I suppose it will be a bit like a walk in closet I have a 80” by 24” door ok in mm 2000*600 mm that will fit in to the front

Ps hopefully will at Axminster on the Thursday

Many thanks as usual

Martyn
:p

I have fitted out several walk-in closets and also refitted a kitchen. For ease of use you can't beat ClosetMaid products http://www.closetmaid.co.uk They don't seem cheap at first look, but when you take everything into consideration, plus the fact that they are fully fit for purpose, they are very good value. Ease of installation and ability to lay it all out exactly as you want it is a big plus. They even go round corners... And they come recommended by This Old House and other renovators.

Pantry organiser link: http://www.closetmaid.com/Look/Product_Catalog/product.cfm?item_number=1624 This is their idea/example, but you can use the shelving and supports in almost any combination to fit your own space.

We fitted out our home in Surrey from the UK supplier and a 10' wide fitted wardrobe cost us about £125 - half the price of the sliding doors that went on the front.

i've done many jobs like this and find building 3 units the best way to gain most space . This is what id do .....
Use the back wall for your larger shelving say 400mm wide , 300mm will take a dinner plate . Take this unit full width 1000mm . For the adjustable shelving i like to use the banjo supports with sockets , you can drill the sockets in every 100mm all the way up the sides of the unit and this will give you loads of choices for your shelves . for a 1000mm unit id put 1 or 2 supports in the back to stop the shelves bending . For the 2 walls either side of the door you can go for smaller units in depth or curve / angle them in so the don't foul the door . From what im thinking you only have 200mm each side of the door and to get to the main shelving at the back you don't really want to make the side shelves much bigger than the door width . Maybe do 1 side 300mm wide shelving taking it back to 200mm at the door and leave the other side for standing space so you can get to your shelving easy .

If your going to use the supports with sockets and dont have a 7.5mm flat bit use a 3mm hss bit first then a 7.5mm hss otherwise your shelves will rock :lol:

Back