Wales v. France

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Obviously the board's leek-lovers have either got an unexpected attack of shyness, or else they're downing too much distilled daffodil juice in celebration, but I would like to congratulate Wales on their extremely impressive, and gripping, win against Les Bleus. C'est magnifique!

Cheers, Alf

Wondering if the Glory Days of Welsh rugby are upon us again at last? I'm sure I must have a Welsh grandmother around here somewhere... :wink:

If I had a Welsh flag I'd have it out the window to wind up the locals!!! :lol:

.....but then I'm just in a good mood cos we beat the Italians in the wooden spoon race!! :lol:

SWMBO has a French shirt on. Very odd....for an Irish woman! :roll:

Hi Bean,

Heard this evening that Max has already started composing his new songs :lol: :lol:

Alf,

What a sensitive and sensible post by your goodself. :wink: A spectacular game for a 'neutral' to have watched but for one with a particular interest - absolutely brilliant. I love leeks and the daffodil juice is going down exceptionally well! :lol: :lol:

Glory Days? ................ perhaps..............................

Scott,

LOYL was wearing a French shirt in the hope that France would beat Wales, thereby leaving only Ireland in with the chance of the Grand Slam. Never mind! :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Neil
Well I can out boast you as I think we are in with an excellent chance of winning that most elusive of prizes 'The Wooden Spoon' :shock:

And I must say that dispite having a problem cheering for Wales (except when they play France) it is good to see those red shirts on the up again. A couple of years ago when the tigers last played at Straddy park I bumped in to God, aka Phill Bennet, he even shock my hand. One of my boyhood heros along with fran cotton, dusty, JPR...............Oh those were the day's.

Off to Dream about an England win at Lansdown rd :cry: :cry:

Bean

Well done Ireland - and hard luck England............... who may have been 'refereed' out of it????

As a neutral on this one, I enjoyed the game.

Cheers,

Trev.

Another Dream cast on to the rocks of strange dicision making and uninterested Touch Judges :cry:

BUT Wait a moment I have to say Well Done Ireland. Its now up to Ireland and Wales to fight it out and I for one are not sure who to shout for...............On second thoughts I will simply shout for a good game :D

Bean

Hmmpphh

You can't even rely on England to do Wales a favour by beating Ireland! :?

Having said that - I didn't think Ireland looked that impressive. If Wales can avoid the banana skin in Murryfield, I fancy Ireland in Cardiff.

Should be a cracking game of rugby - lets hope it will be to decide who wins the Grand Slam!

Taffy (who was not a well man yesterday - self inflicted again!!!!).

Bean wrote:
A couple of years ago when the tigers last played at Straddy park I bumped in to God, aka Phill Bennet, he even shock my hand.
Back in my cricketing days when I used to bung the ball a bit for our 2nd and 3rd teams, we played a sunday charity game in the early 80s against a side made up of local celebs and sportsmen.
I was first change bowler, and looked down the end to see this big bloke with huge shoulders all but obilterating the wicket.
lumbering in off my usual ten paces, (bowling action? Right arm over, deceptively bad) I clean bowled him with my first ball, taking middle and leg with one that swung away and cut back (so I was told!)
On recieving a withering glare from the departing batsman, one of our jubilant fielders asked 'Do you know who that was?'
'Nope, I ain't got a clue' was my reply.
'It's only Alan Morley!'
Of course, me not being much of a rubgy officianado, and not realising that at the time he held the try scoring record apparently, my reply was:
'What, the bloke who does Miss World?' :D
OOPS!

Andy

Trev said:
and hard luck England............... who may have been 'refereed' out of it????

I have to agree that the refereeing was a bit dubious, but we'll take the victories however they come! There won't be many remembering that ref when the crunch game come against Wales. (Of course there is the minor matter of the french with wounded pride coming to Dublin first)

Either way reffering or not, Englad had 75% of the ball in the second half and scored 3 points, that is dreadfull return, I would feel sorry for them, but I just cant bring myself to :wink:

Les

Agree with you Les. Can't bring myself to feel sorry for England, either - just selfishly hoping they might have done Wales a favour! But then, as you say, with 75% of the ball second half, they did in the main look a bit clueless ...........

Final game in Cardiff could be a big 'un!

:roll: Any chance of a ticket, Gary? :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

trevtheturner":2zvro58t said:
Can't bring myself to feel sorry for England, either
You could at least make an effort... :roll: I don't want to talk about it. I just hope Ireland appreciated their 16th man. :cry:

Cheers, Alf

trevtheturner":al0e2hxh said:
Agree with you Les. Can't bring myself to feel sorry for England, either - just selfishly hoping they might have done Wales a favour! But then, as you say, with 75% of the ball second half, they did in the main look a bit clueless ...........

Final game in Cardiff could be a big 'un!

:roll: Any chance of a ticket, Gary? :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Funny you should mention that Trev. As it happens I did have a spare ticket. My Dad and I have debentures, so get tickets to all the home games. As luck would have it I will be in America skiing when the Ireland game takes place, but my Mum blagged my ticket a long time ago - sorry mate!!! She is huge rugby fan, so is always happy to relieve me of my ticket if I can't make it for any reason.

I know it was bit of bad planning, but when I booked the holiday, Wales weren't looking all that hopeful, and I though we would be looking for mid-table respectability. Of course, with the benefit of hindsight, I am kicking myself!!!! :evil:

WHAT!....... missing the game to go skiing :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Knew you were off skiing, Gary, but Blimey, I really don't know what to say..................! :shock:

Have a good holiday, mate. :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Back