Waiting for the postman...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one - well done for spotting that in amongst all the ordinary ones. I only got mine quite recently (see 'Boring Tools' gloat thread!) and am very pleased with it. There are plenty of oil holes - mine just worked, so I've not been tempted to look inside. I imagine something of similar ingenuity to the old Sturmey Archer hub gears, which I have successfully stripped down and reassembled, some time ago!

AndyT":3gtg8a1s said:
Nice one - well done for spotting that in amongst all the ordinary ones. I only got mine quite recently (see 'Boring Tools' gloat thread!) and am very pleased with it. There are plenty of oil holes - mine just worked, so I've not been tempted to look inside. I imagine something of similar ingenuity to the old Sturmey Archer hub gears, which I have successfully stripped down and reassembled, some time ago!

I love taking stuff apart to see how it works. Very occasionally I can even get it back together again so that it does work!

thick_mike":1swysaoz said:
AndyT":1swysaoz said:

I love taking stuff apart to see how it works. Very occasionally I can even get it back together again so that it does work!

Ditto - and I have managed to get some things working quite satisfyingly on odd occasions - but why do you always end up with at least one bit left over?

Cheshirechappie":4job3jz1 said:
thick_mike":4job3jz1 said:
AndyT":4job3jz1 said:

Ditto - and I have managed to get some things working quite satisfyingly on odd occasions - but why do you always end up with at least one bit left over?

There's always a spring somewhere that disappears over your shoulder and into the foot deep pile of shavings around your shins!

Welcome to the Y1555 club =D>

Looks like that side handle might need replacing.

TM 1555c.jpg

And yours looks to have the same problem as mine, a broken tooth on the low-speed RH cog (2nd from left). If you're into pulling them apart, I'd suggest you swap the two low speed gears around, as the LH one isn't likely to have to work as hard as the RH one (and then let me know how to do mine :oops: ).

Cheers, Vann.

Attachments

• TM 1555c.jpg
    TM 1555c.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 630
Back