Wadkin rs Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLES SHARPE

Reaction score
Hi All.

Please can you help me do you know were I can buy spares for my RS lathe . I am looking for a tool post locking handle and a replacement banjo locking handle. :p

i also have a wadkin rs lathe - and spares are hard to come by. I have seen bits on ebay but not very common. The items you are looking for are unliekly to be found separately ie. you will have to buy the whole too post. I would recommend that you get the pieces made - by your local cheapest machinist. good luck -
let me know how you get on with the lathe - they are fantastic bit of kit ....i have changed mine to single phase 3hp variable through an invertor.

keep in touch - if you need any further info .....

Strangely enough, though I only have a humble Wadkin BL150, I do have an unknown piece of Wadkin machine that turned up with the lathe (from a scrap metal merchant !)...that, if I remember rightly and can find it has at least one locking handle on it - exactly the same as my lathe I think. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Chris.

Back