Wadkin Paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.alan.

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I wonder if anyone can help - I am just refurbishing my wadkin Panel saw - I estimate it to be around late 60s early 70s. I am trying to find a supplier for the original paint. Its a ight green hammer finish. Intrestingly - my Dewalt band saw and Planer Thickneser - are the same colour . I have all ready called wadkin (Daltons) but they can only issue me with the later colour code ( Dark Green) I think it was something like 6011.

Thanks In Advance.

6011 is the RAL paint code for Reseda green. It's a very common colour for machinery. Try industrial paint suppliers like Smithandallen for the hammer finish version
Matt

Shrubby":2xthh7v0 said:
6011 is the RAL paint code for Reseda green. It's a very common colour for machinery. Try industrial paint suppliers like Smithandallen for the hammer finish version
Matt

Cheers Matt- called them - and same as everybody else- they can mix the colour no problem- BUT not in a hammer finish - I think my search is now coming to a end and finally have to given in to a "near enough colour" I am totally gobsmacked why none of the big boys do not have this paint specially made - as far as I know none does this colour in hammer finish a- world wide! and yet so many manufacturers used it- Wadkin - Dewalt - and when you think of the amount of machinery they produced..... oh well Im afraid the paint brush is coming out this weekend to splash Coo-Var light green !

You could try some silicon in the paint to produce the hammered effect
Just try a small amount of the paint and silicon mix first before committing to the whole tin
Andy

Latest posts

Back